Personal and Administration Assistant to the Pastoral Team
Do you have excellent administration skills?
Are you confident in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word?
Would you like to work as part of a team in a role where you can make a difference to the lives of children and young people?
Role: Personal and Administration Assistant to the Pastoral Team
Salary: £16,276 per annum (FTE £18,135 per annum)
Term time plus 2 weeks per annum in the holiday periods.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week over 5 days
Swindon Academy is looking to appoint a hardworking and enthusiastic Personal and Administration Assistant to support the school’s Pastoral Team.
Provide secretarial and administrative support to the SLT
- Support the process for monitoring elective home education
- Produce suspension and permanent exclusion letters
- Collate and submit paperwork to be sent to the local authority in relation to suspension and permanent exclusions
- Arrange the reintegration meetings
- Act as note taker for the Behaviour Committee for ISP hearings, suspensions and permanent exclusions
The ideal candidate will:
Be educated to A Level or Degree Level
- Have administrative experience
- Have experience of using data/information systems, spreadsheets, word processing Microsoft excel and mail merge
- Have the ability to understand, interpret and follow systems, policies and procedures
- Be able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with students, their families, colleagues and other professionals
- Demonstrate tact and sensitivity where appropriate
Why choose us
At Swindon Academy, we pride ourselves on a team of staff who are supportive, friendly and dedicated to providing the very best teaching and learning for our students. Staff across the academy set a culture of high expectations and continuous improvement for students which, in turn, is reflected in the emphasis we place on continuing professional development (CPD) for our staff.
We have made significant, sustained progress at GCSE and are proud to be the top performing school in Swindon for progress over the last six years.
Swindon Academy was the first all-though academy to open in the UK and has over 1,900 pupils from the age of 2 to 19. The school is situated in purpose-built £25 million premises, benefiting from excellent, state-of-the-art facilities and situated within the beautiful county of Wiltshire, within commuting distance for Bristol, Bath and Oxford.
After a visit from Ofsted in May 2017, the academy received a ‘Good’ grading in all aspects of the inspection framework.
Swindon Academy is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resources, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
Swindon Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.