Exceptional and experienced Personal Assistant to the Headteacher required for Preston Park Primary School, based in the heart of Wembley.
We are looking for a committed, organised and outstanding Personal Assistant to provide confidential, personal and administrative support to the Headteacher and to be the ‘gate keeper’ for people wishing to contact the Headteacher. The successful candidate should have solid previous experience and be educated to NVQ Level 4, or be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of attainment through qualification or experience. Preston Park is committed to providing further professional development to all staff.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with visitors, pupils, staff and parents and liaising as necessary with outside agencies, so an ability to interact professionally on a number of levels is important.
- Undertaking typing, word-processing, spreadsheets, databases and other IT- based tasks for the Headteacher
- Minute taking at confidential meetings
- Be responsible for the school complaints management and associated role;
- Oversee school event management and ensure resources are in place;
- Attend specific meetings as appropriate; full Governing Body and Governors sub-committee and prepare the necessary paperwork
- Dealing with Inclusion paperwork
- Manage the Headteachers diary and the school admin inbox
- Deal with and action any freedom of information and data protection requests
Further information on the role can be found in the job description and person specification
We are looking for an individual who can share the founding vision and ethos for Preston Park, (please visit the school and look on the school’s website). Must be excited by the chance to contribute to Preston Park Primary and driven to do what it takes to succeed.
The individual must show:
- the ability to use proficiently standard office computer software, including word-processing, spreadsheet, database, and Internet systems.
- The ability to take effective minutes at meetings
- That they are a quick thinker and be able to multi tasks
- That they are also able to operate a range of resources and equipment, including computers and photocopiers.
- The ability to be able to quickly absorb and understand a wide range of information and have the patience and to converse with parents and provide advice and information in accurate spoken English.
- That they understand and can show that they are able to demonstrate a high level of ability to carry out tasks in a confidential manner
- able to work flexibly and part of a team.
The PA shall work a number of hours determined by the Headteacher and specified within their contract of employment, although they will be required to work such reasonable additional hours as are necessary to enable them to discharge their duties effectively.
Preston Park is a thriving four/three form entry, fully inclusive and diverse community school set in the heart of Wembley, Brent. At Preston park we are proud to educate children from all over the world, bringing ‘one world under one roof’ for truly inspirational learning experiences. Teaching and learning is at the heart of everything we do at Preston Park. We are committed to ensuring that children achieve excellence, enjoy their time at school and develop into confident, resilient and independent learners. Our school is well resourced with rich indoor and outdoor learning environments comprising of bright classrooms, spacious playgrounds, wildlife nature reserve and a sensory quad area. Preston Park are looking to become a recognised school leading on STEAM, Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths. Preston Park’s approach to learning is through a creative curriculum and the school has specialist teachers in Science, Music, Art and Modern Foreign Languages who provide PPA cover to our teachers.
Visits to the school are welcomed please call Jayashri Varsani on the school office number to arrange your visit. Please fill out Brent’s application form (CV’s are not accepted).
Salary Details: Scale 5 (points 12-17) £21589.00 - £23836.00 plus London weighting £1925 paid pro rata, as you will be working term time plus one week.
Actual Pro rata salary (including London Weighting): £21103.00 - £23120.00
Hours: 36 hours per week as directed by the Headteacher – term time plus one week
Closing Date: Wednesday 24th April 2019 @ 12:00 noon
Interview Date: Wednesday 8th May 2019
Start Date: As soon as possible
Brent Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Preston Park Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate must be able to satisfy an enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)