Heart of Worcestershire (HoW) College is passionate about developing employability prospects by delivering a wide range of vocational, professional and technical qualifications. Located across four different campuses, Worcester, Redditch, Bromsgrove and Malvern, HoW College is a thriving organisation with a vast and diverse community of learners. Our learners and staff benefit from a range of modern facilities and some of the best employee development and training opportunities in the area.
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join our NEET team within Heart of Worcestershire College based across our Campuses.
The purpose of the role is:
• To support College attendance, retention and achievement strategies by providing a high quality pro-active learning support service to learners on discrete L1/NEET provision.
• To provide support for learning that contributes to an outstanding student experience from the start of the college journey to progression into further study or employment.
• To work directly with group tutors, curriculum staff and learner services to ensure learners are fully engaged with all aspects of their study programme and achieving to the best of their ability.
• To support learners to improve their English and maths skills.
• To support learners in securing and maintaining successful work placements
To be considered for this role you must have a NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification,
experience of working with young people with a range of difficulties/disabilities including those with challenging behaviours and excellent communication skills and ability to establish rapport with client group.
In return we offer a friendly, modern working environment, a diverse employee reward scheme, pension scheme, continued professional development and a generous holiday allowance, along with many other benefits.
Our Vision is:
• To be the provider of choice for education, training and learning, delivering across Worcestershire, the West Midlands and nationally within our areas of specialism.
• To be recognised as a college that makes a difference by delivering services through innovation, partnership, co-creation and connectivity.
• To continue to inspire and enable our learners to be successful. We will raise attainment and meet aspirations by developing the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to ensure that everyone meets their full potential.
• To create the skills to advance the economic and social prosperity, adding value to the communities we serve.
We want our dynamic workforce to share our passion and enthusiasm. We are also committed to working with key stakeholders to enhance the economic prospects in the area. Our values of inclusivity, integrity, partnership and trust shine through in all that we do allowing us to provide responsive and informed services within our local community and beyond.
As one of the largest employers in the area we actively support and invest in our workforce. We pride ourselves on our progressive and flexible approach to both personal and professional development. We promote equality and diversity through inclusive practice and work with honesty and probity; placing the interests of our students and staff at the heart of all activities.
With a growth strategy that aims to further developing the quality of our offer and develop our partnerships with employers, educational institutions, and other stakeholders, there has never been a better time to join our thriving workforce.
Closing date for this post is: 7 December 2020. The interview date for this post will be: 14th/15th December 2020.
This College is committed to equality of opportunity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be required to complete and pay for a Disclosure & Barring Service check. The costs of this check will be deducted from the applicant’s first salary payment from the College.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if sufficient applications are received.
HoW College is a Smoke Free environment from the effects of direct/indirect contact with smoking, and all smoking related products.
This College is committed to equality of opportunity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment.