PHASE LEADER/CLASS TEACHER (Full Time)
Job title: Phase Leader/Class Teacher (KS1/KS2 depending on experience)
Salary: Main Pay Range or Upper Pay Range with TLR2 (depending on experience)
Contract type: Full Time (Permanent)
On behalf of Desford Community Primary School, thank you for your interest in applying for the phase leader role at our school. The successful candidate will be required to commence employment on Monday 23rd August 2021.
Desford is a happy, friendly and hard-working school with a dedicated team of staff. We place a high emphasis on pupil and staff wellbeing and are proud of the way in which everyone in our school community has adapted to the challenges over the last year. Our pupils behave well, are keen to learn and they take great pride in respecting our school and wider village community. This is an exciting time to be joining our school. With a recently established leadership structure and an energy for driving change and improvement, we are looking for suitable candidates who can contribute further to this.
Central to everything that we do at Desford is our school rule Be Kind to Yourself, Others and the Environment. This principle forms the spine of our school values and ethos that have been developed in collaboration with all pupils and staff, whilst also driving the core values of our school curriculum. It also links closely with the promotion of the British Values, something that we believe are crucial for promoting an understanding of equality, diversity and the importance of respecting the values and beliefs of others. We welcome candidates who can share and be a part of this approach to education at Desford Community Primary School.
I encourage you to take some time to read our recruitment pack and visit our school website for more information about our school.
I look forward to meeting you.
The successful candidate will:
- Have high aspirations for all children and a desire to raise standards
- Have a compassionate and caring approach to working with children, parents and colleagues
- Be committed to achieving the highest standards in teaching and learning
- Be looking to work in a positive and cheerful environment and classroom
- Have satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS and Barring by Association clearance
Information about the role:
- You will be working in a school that consists of 14 classes including a modern purpose built EYFS unit and a recently built self-contained year 6 block
- You will join an established, successful and supportive KS1/KS2 phase with good levels of attainment
- The KS1 phase includes 5 Teachers, 2 Teaching Assistants and at least 6 Learning Support Assistants for high needs children
- The KS2 phase includes 8 Teachers, 4 Teaching Assistants and at least 8 Learning Support Assistants for high needs children
- You will have the opportunity to lead a team in the developing of our school curriculum and in driving school improvement as part of the Senior Leadership Team
We can offer:
- Strong and supportive Senior Leadership Team and Head teacher
- Well-behaved and motivated children who are eager to learn
- A developing and flexible curriculum with a well-resourced environment that welcomes innovation and new ideas.
- A highly collegiate and collaborative culture. It is essential that the appointee is able and willing to work in this way.
- Parents and Governors who actively support the work of the school
- Opportunities for career development and progression
How to apply:
- Please download the application pack or email the school office for this
- We are able to offer you a tour of our school before submitting your application. These tours will be during the mornings of Wednesday 12th, Thursday 13th and Monday 17th May If you are unable to make a tour during the school day, we are happy to arrange an after school visit. Further information about how to arrange this is in the attached recruitment pack
- There will of course be the chance to ask any questions during your visit, but I am also happy to speak to you individually if you would prefer.
- Closing date for applications is 9:00am on Thursday 20th May 2021
- We aim to notify shortlisted candidates by Friday 21st May 2021
- Interviews and selection activities will take place from Tuesday 25th May 2021 (depending on the number of shortlisted applicants)
Desford Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.