Permanent Full Time Physical Education Teacher
required for September 2022
Salary: MPS 1-6/UPS 1-3
Would you like to share your gifts and talents in an outstanding school that strives for excellence in all areas?
St Anthony’s Catholic Primary School is a thriving and inclusive school at the very heart of the community and parish it serves. We are seeking to provide a unique opportunity for an inspirational Physical Education teacher who possesses the passion and commitment to ensure all our children lead healthy, active lives. This role will give the successful candidate the opportunity to develop and deliver PE across the whole school whilst also using their personal curriculum strengths to teach in selected year groups. The role would be ideally suited for a candidate with a PE specialism or a great deal of PE experience with Primary-aged children.
We are looking for someone who is:
• A positive role model for all children and committed to sustaining the inclusive ethos of our school.
• Creative and highly motivated, with a passion for providing quality learning experiences.
• Positive and emotionally intelligent, placing immense value on developing the whole child.
• Able to communicate effectively with children, parents, colleagues, governors and leaders.
• Reflective in their practice and open to engaging with research to further develop areas of expertise.
• Able to inspire healthy lifestyle choices within our school community and beyond.
We can offer you:
• Enthusiastic, highly motivated and cherished children who take pride in attending and representing St Anthony’s.
• An attractive, stimulating and well-organised learning environment.
• Supportive and committed parents and governors.
• The freedom to be creative and innovative when delivering the PE curriculum.
• A leadership team committed to your development through regular, effective and supportive professional learning opportunities.
‘This school inspires faith, hope and excellence.’ (S48 October 2015)
Interested? If so, we would like to meet you. Prospective candidates are actively encouraged to visit the school prior to application. Visits can be arranged (and are positively welcomed) by contacting the school (see attached advert for full details)
Application packs are available to download from our school website. Please use the CES application form.
Closing date: Thursday 17th February 2022 at 12 noon
Interview date: To be confirmed
St Anthony’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our GDPR guidelines and policies are adhered to and displayed on our school website.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and must be prepared to apply for ISA registration if required.
We promote diversity and desire a workforce that reflects the population of Leeds.
St Anthony's Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.