We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and passionate Teacher of Physics to join our highly committed and professional team. The post would suit an NQT or experienced practitioner, who is committed to raising standards at all levels; delivering excellent lessons and enthusing pupils through their passion for teaching. This is a full-time post working at our Senior Boys’ School from September 2021.
To be successful in this role, you must be:-
- Suitably qualified with QTS in the appropriate age range and experience teaching at KS3 to KS4.
- An excellent practitioner able to teach science at Key S tage 3 and Physics to Key Stage 4. We are looking for someone who has the potential to develop into an A level teacher or somebody who has experience at this level.
- Passionate in using your knowledge of current theory and practice in teaching and learning to provide highly effective curriculum delivery, in a stimulating and enjoyable way
- Ready to utilise the benefits of an independent curriculum that is innovative and flexible in terms of delivery and content
- An enthusiastic team player, willing to participate fully in the School’s extra-curricular programme and wider school life
- Engaged with the School's ethos, thinking creatively and reflectively within an open, honest and hardworking team.
Above all you must want the very best for our pupils and be prepared to put their needs first. You recognise the importance of educating the whole child within a broad curricular and co-curricular programme, and of achieving high standards.
In return we offer a positive working environment, with supportive colleagues and regular opportunities for professional development and training.
Applications must be received by 09:00am on Monday 19 April.
Please apply early as applications will be considered upon receipt; we reserve the right to interview/appoint prior to the closing date.
NB: CVs will not be accepted in place of an application form, but maybe submitted as additional supporting documentation.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
In addition to an assessment of their ability to perform the duties of the post applied for, candidates invited to attend for interview should expect further discussion relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.