Eteach are pleased to be recruiting with a school providing high-quality British education for international & local students aged 3 to 18. Highly skilled teachers, of which the majority are from the UK, deliver an educational experience that inspires and encourages all learners to aim high and achieve their very best. The modern purpose-built campus is located in a pleasant suburb of Muscat close to the airport and the sea.
Oman is a welcoming, politically stable and friendly country. It has beautiful scenery, wonderful beaches, a very rich culture, and a sunny climate that enables a wide range of outdoor activities to be pursued throughout the year. Its history and heritage make exploration of the country an authentic travel experience as the local culture and traditions are still freely evident. Muscat is an engaging mix of traditional and modern, Omani and Western. Traditional souqs are situated near 5* hotels, local markets with large modern shopping malls with many western brands including Carrefour and Marks and Spencer. With its modern airport and airline links, it is also well situated for travel to many other locations around the world. The city of Dubai is only a few hours away for weekend visits.
The staff are:
• Passionate, enthusiastic, innovative and ready to embrace the challenges and excitement of an International teaching career in the Middle East
• Qualified to degree level and hold a recognized teaching qualification (eg Bed/PGCE) with a minimum of five years teaching experience as a full-time teacher (Not supply agency)
• Able to demonstrate outstanding standards of teaching and learning
• An exceptional communicator with the ability to work with students and parents alike
• Ambitious and keen to develop existing knowledge and skills
• Experience in using effective differentiation and assessment techniques are essential.
Experience of working with EAL children would be beneficial, as would experience working in an international setting. However, a candidate with a genuine commitment to supporting the school’s ethos, along with a willingness and flexibility to adapt, will be considered.
What we offer
-attractive tax-free salary - 1700 OMR inc. 425 housing & 30 OMR flight allowance
-private medical insurance
-final gratuity payment
-excellent, high-quality accommodation for teaching staff which is recommended during the first year of a contract.
The school is committed to developing its staff and providing professional development opportunities both in-house and via external providers. We are a friendly community providing a supportive network, including social opportunities, to ensure everyone feels welcome, quickly settles and enjoy what Oman has to offer.
The successful candidate will:
• Ensure their lessons are engaging and relevant to the needs of their students
• Lessons are well planned and follow the planned outcomes for the department
• Consider students’ health and wellbeing as a priority
• Know their students well to ensure they make positive and effective progress in the subject
• Use assessment tools to track and support student learning
• Provide pastoral support as directed
• Work effectively with colleagues to provide a positive and engaging learning experience
• Support and promote the vision and goals of the school
• Respect the values and culture of Oman with the context of our international school community
• Be open to CPD opportunities
• Be part of an enthusiastic and committed team
Minimum Educational Qualifications Required for the Role:
• Bachelor of Education in a science related subject, PGCE with QTS (qualified teacher status)
• Strong academic experience in schools in the UK or International British curriculum schools to GCSE and A level
• Minimum 5 years teaching experience post qualification is necessary for Ministry approval to teach in Oman. This must be verifiable and full time. (working for a supply agency does not count)
• Excellent verbal and written communication in the English language (First language
• Excellent communication skills
• Flexible to the personal challenge of moving to and living in a new country
• The School is committed to Safeguarding and Child Protection and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to have undertaken relevant safeguarding checks and will undertake Safeguarding training before the commencement of classroom duties. Successful candidates will need to be double vaccinated and show a negative PCR test result on arrival in Muscat.