Eteach is working with a British curriculum school in the UAE as they seek a Teacher of PHYSICS to join the team for Aug 15th 2022.
The school is centrally located in the beautiful, peaceful and inexpensive emirate of Ras Al Khaimah. The British curriculum is offered from Grade 6 (Year 7) to Grade 12 (Year 13). All students study IGCSE courses in Grades 9 and 10 and then can opt to follow an A-level pathway or the International Baccalaureate Pathway in Grades 11 and 12. Students also study additional subjects as stipulated by the Ministry of Education (MoE). The school is accredited by the British Schools Overseas (BSO) and is benchmarked against leading international British schools.
The school is looking for a positive, driven, and inspirational Teacher of PHYSICS to join a very successful and vibrant department.
• Hold a bachelor’s degree in a physics related field plus a PGCE
• Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
• Have an excellent understanding of teaching and learning.
• Be highly proficient in the use of technology to support teaching and learning.
• Engage, motivate and support students.
• Be a reflective practitioner with the ability to think creatively and innovate.
• Be a positive and enthusiastic member of staff and have a growth mindset.
• Be willing to be fully involved in extra-curricular activities.
• Have excellent communications skills.
• Experience of teaching GCSE/IGCSE/A-Level courses.
• Experience of teaching Mathematics for the IB Diploma.
- Experience leading a department
• Experience of using Google suite, e.g., Google classroom.
• Have a proven record of increasing student outcomes.
The school offers:
-Tax-free salary inclusive of housing allowance up to £3,250 per month (accommodation is less expensive than Dubai)
-Single status candidates and teaching couples are encouraged to apply.
-Performance related increment from second year of employment.
-Medical Insurance for self, spouse and 2 children below 18 yrs. of age.
-Annual travel allowance for self, spouse and 2 children below 18 yrs. of age.
-UAE visa for self, spouse and 2 children below 18 yrs. of age.
-2 free school places for children below 18 yrs. of age.
-Contract period- 3 years.
-Access to professional development opportunities both internally and externally.
The Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must have undergone a child protection screening to receive an offer of employment. You will be required to provide a Police Verification Check from your home country along with attestation of your qualifications’ and personal documents e.g. Degree, Marriage Certificate etc. The list of checks will be provided to candidates shortlisted for an interview.
Preference will be given to candidates currently in the UAE.
The school reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
A degree related to subject taught.
PGCE or PGDE, UK Qualified Teacher Status or similar teaching qualification.
Proficient in English.
Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom or United States.
References, Medical check, Criminal background check