JOB TITLE: Physiotherapist
SCALE/SCALE-POINT: Hourly paid
RESPONSIBLE TO: Curriculum Leader
Come questioning, go seeking, grow’
We are seeking an enthusiastic Physiotherapist to join our friendly Rugby sports team at The Henley College. The post hold will be flexible in supporting matches at the college and away games.
RESPONSIBILITY AND DUTIES
• Acute intervention at matches: diagnosing sports-related injuries.
• Rehabilitation designing, implementing and evaluating interventions for a safe return to the students’ optimal level of rugby performance.
• Working independently but part of a team, considering safeguarding and confidentiality in a professional environment.
• To identify personal and professional staff development needs to meet the College’s Strategic Plan.
• To ensure continuous professional development (CPD) requirements as specified by the College and that may be identified during College processes, for example Appraisal.
• To participate in the College Appraisal Scheme.
• To maintain awareness of the requirements of the College Health and Safety Policy and to be responsible for ensuring that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Health and Safety Policy are adhered to and carried out.
• To read and apply the College Safeguarding and Prevent procedures and to ensure that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Safeguarding Policy and Prevent Duty Policy are adhered to and carried out.
• To read the College Single Equality Scheme and to act in accordance with statutory obligations under the equality duties and in compliance with current Equality and Diversity legislation.
• To ensure adherence to the College Data Protection Policy.
• To work to the College quality standards and systems within the context of the College quality systems.
• To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are appropriate to this level of post, including any reasonable request made by Head of Faculty or Senior Leadership Team.
Essential skills and Characteristics
• Have an Physiotherapy qualification or studying towards one
• Experience of working in rugby
• Experience of working with students
• Excellent communication skills with people of all levels as well as interpersonal skills & able to problem solve with/between students;
• Flexible and adaptable approach to working hours
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently
• Ability to deal well with pressure and multi – task
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Tenure of post: Part time, Term Time Only, Fixed Term Contract until Easter 2021
Hours of work: 6 hours per week
Monday and Friday 08.45 to 10.45
Wednesdays 2.00 to 4.00 plus flexibility with any additional hours for away games
Salary: £20.87 per hour
Pension: Local Government Pension Scheme (optional). This is an employeeand employer contributory pension scheme.
The Henley College is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DSB (previously CRB) check
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.