We are looking to appoint a playground assistant to help oversee the safety and supervision of pupils in the playground.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• To help with the safety and supervision of pupils in the playground
• To look after and deal with any incidents in the playground
• To record behavioural concerns in accordance with our positive behaviour ethos
• To report any unsafe playground conditions and equipment
• To administer first aid for minor injuries from the first aid kit, which is to be worn (as a bum bag) at all times
• To take any serious injuries to first aider, eg, Head injuries, cuts, eye injuries and anything else of concern.
• Write up all injuries in the accident book
• Report to class teacher if parents need to be informed of the injury
• Report to first aider if stocks of first aid materials run low
• Clean and change children who have had accidents including soiling
• Help children to put away apparatus making sure the playground is returned to a tidy state
• To have a positive attitude and engage with the boys during their break times.
• Read all relevant policies and enforce the WCPS golden rules
• Committed to professional development and show a willingness to undertake appropriate training for this role
• Understanding of safeguarding responsibilities and the need to work within the school’s Safeguarding policy
• Ability to work part of a team as well as on own initiative
• Ability to foster good working relationships with staff and pupils at all levels
• To carry out any such duties as may be reasonably requested by the head teacher
Terms & Conditions
• From January 2020
• Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 12pm – 2.30pm
• 12.5 hours per week – during term-time only
• Salary: £5,258 per annum
• Pro rata holiday, based on the full-time equivalent holiday allowance being 25 working days per year plus statutory English Bank Holidays (only to be taken during school holidays)
For further information and details on how to apply, please go to school website.
Closing date: Friday 20th September 2019 @ 12 noon
Interviews to be held on: Week commencing 30th September 2019
Wimbledon Common Preparatory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.