Hours: 6.25 hours per week (12.25 to 13:40, 5 days a week) term time only.
Cabot Primary School is a thriving and diverse school in the heart of the St Paul’s community.
You will be expected to foster good behaviour and to encourage pupil engagement in active playtimes as well as ensuring their safety and wellbeing.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is sensitive to the needs of children.
- Is able to work as part of a team.
- Is punctual, reliable and committed.
- Is lively and full of ideas for engaging our children in positive play.
- Is caring, consistent, approachable and has a positive outlook.
- Can work in a calm manner at all times.
- Is able to follow policy and procedures, as required, under the overall direction of the Learning Mentor and Senior Leadership Team.
Ofsted (Nov 2018) rated the school as Good, with examples of key strengths being:
- “... the school has continued to perform well.”
- “Staff and pupils enjoy coming to school and appreciate the help and support they receive.”
- “The school’s curriculum is rich in experiences which motivate pupils to concentrate well and support them to build their knowledge effectively.”
- “Teachers encourage pupils to play their part and develop the attributes they need to make a valuable contribution to society.”
- “Over the past three years, a greater proportion of Year 6 pupils have reached the highest standards than have pupils nationally.”
- “Teachers engender a love of reading….Pupils enthusiasm for reading is palpable. Their eyes open wide with excitement when they talk about books.”
Please note that CVs will not be accepted as a method of application.
Closing date: Monday 28th September 9am
Interview date: TBC
Cabot Primary School is committed to safeguarding all pupils and staff. This post is subject to DBS approval and references will be required prior to interview should you be shortlisted for the post. Unfortunately, we may not be able to respond to every applicant individually. Therefore, if you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date please assume that, on this occasion, your application has not been successful.
Cabot Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.