Play worker for After School Club
Start Date: As soon as possible (after the relevant checks have been completed)
Location: Folly Hill Infant School
SALARY AND HOURS
Surrey SP3 actual salary is between £5044.73 - £5314.35
(FTE salary is £17,663- £18,607)
from 2.50pm-5.50pm, 4 afternoons per week. Term time only.
The role includes supervising the children, ensuring their safety at all times, engaging with them in aspects of play and conversation, setting up activities for children to optionally take part in, meet and greet parents/carers and provide them with feedback on their child’s time at the club. You will follow and implement all the policies and procedures of the club.
To ensure the safety of pupils: ensure that pupils remain within the permitted areas of the school during the hours of the After School Club, and to intervene in a situation where the safety of a pupil may be at risk.
To provide support to individual pupils: to give comfort and support to individual pupils who are distressed
To be jointly responsible with other play workers for the effective management and supervision of pupils during the club.
- Basic general education.
- Experience of learning with children.
- Ability to be open with children and have sympathy with what concerns them.
- Ability to relate in a friendly but firm way with a wide range of personalities.
- Outgoing personality.
- Ability to communicate effectively with pupils.
- Enjoys working with a team.
- Ability to be supportive of colleagues.
- Good stamina.
- Keen to try and suggest new initiatives.
- Ability to teach children new skills and raise their exercise levels.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of importance of a healthy diet.
All candidates must be enthusiastic, honest, reliable, hardworking and most importantly willing to have fun and enjoy working with children. You will be fully supported in your role by an established provider of out of school care.
At Folly Hill we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. We also follow safer recruitment practices and therefore ask all applicants to complete our application form once short listed.
Please apply using the application form
Applications close 12 noon Friday 2nd October 2020
Shortlisting 2nd October 2020
Interviews afternoon of 6th October 2020
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to demonstrably share this commitment.