37 hours per week
£25,955 - £34,986 dependant on experience
Newbury College is looking to recruit an experienced Plumbing professional who is interested in moving into teaching. You will join us as a full time Plumbing Lecturer, working with a fantastic team. You will be responsible for teaching our plumbing courses as well as supporting students through their apprenticeships. This role could be an opportunity for taking part in the Taking Teaching Further initiative, which provides training and development support for an experience person from industry to move into teaching.
This is a great time to join us, with a new plumbing workshop and a brand-new Renewables Centre that features ahead of the curve equipment in solar, air and ground source heat pumps. You won’t find any tight u-bends or difficult to reach plumbing tasks here.
The successful candidate will come from a relevant industry background and will receive coaching and mentoring to achieve up to a Level 5 certificate in Education and Training. While in training, you will receive an enhanced support package, including a reduced timetable and work shadowing/mentoring. If you are already a qualified teacher, ongoing CPD will be provided.
You must have:
• Experience as an industry professional – having worked for a minimum of two years in your area of vocation and plans to become an FE teacher, still working in that same industry, or has been within the past 18 months
• The desire to train up to be a qualified teacher. The level 5 teaching qualification will be fully funded by the Taking Teaching Further grant.
• Experience training others in the workplace one a one-to-one or small group basis
• Good organisational and time management skills
It would be beneficial if you also have:
• A degree, higher education qualification or professional qualification
• Ability to write assessments which incorporate literacy and numeracy standards
We’re on a mission to be an outstanding education provider. As an Ofsted ‘good’ college and accredited with Silver Investors in People, we are already well on our way to being a great place to study and work. To help take this ambition one step further, we need a talented mix of teaching and non-teaching staff to join our team.
If you are interested in joining us on the journey to outstanding, then please contact us to take a look at the full Job Description for further details of the day to day duties.
* Teacher training funded by the Taking Teaching Further initiative
* 40 days holiday (pro rata) plus bank holidays
* Teachers Pension Scheme
* Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
* Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
* Access to Westfield Health wellbeing resources
* Access to Employee Assistance Scheme
* On-site gym membership (annual fee of £20)
* Discounted Community Learning courses
* Access to discounted hair & beauty treatments at the Newbury College salon on campus
* Access to a range of good value food and drink at The Street café
* Friendly and flexible working environment
* Discounted childcare at on site nursery for Newbury College staff (operated by a third party provider)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the set closing date if we receive a good level of applicants. To avoid disappointment, we would advise that you complete your application in full, rather than saving and returning to complete at a later date.
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.