Location: Shepherds Bush, London
Salary scale: £30,766 - £43,164, dependent on qualifications and experience
Details: Full time, 1-year Maternity Cover
Holiday: School holidays
BeyondAutism are looking for an experienced ABA/VB practitioner to lead our of our Hubs within the Post-19 service, providing guidance, support and training to their teams, monitoring all aspects of their work. The successful candidate will oversee the education of students, develop appropriate curriculum plans and behaviour strategies.
We are looking for a motivated, adaptable and proactive individual, interested in a long-term career in ABA, to join our dedicated team. Applicants must have completed some formal coursework in ABA and ideally be working towards BCaBA or BCBA status. Ongoing supervision by a BCBA will be part of the role. Applications from Practitioners who have already achieved BCBA/BCaBA accreditation are most welcome.
- ABA Experience, at supervisory level
- Experience working with children and/or adults with special needs, including autism, within a school or college setting
- Emotional and physical resilience
The Ideal Candidate
- An excellent communicator, you will have a high attention to detail and have the ability to manage a varied and busy workload.
- A positive and enthusiastic team player, whose proactive and personable approach will maximise pupil progress and promote good teaching practice.
A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people is essential to this role as well as a passion for the work of the organisation
Why Choose Us
BeyondAutism is a charity dedicated to empowering children and young people with autism to lead fuller lives through positive educational experiences, training for those working with them and support for their families and carers. We successfully run Independent Special Schools for children aged 4-19, a Post-19 service, Outreach and Training and an Early Years’ service. Our two schools have recently received 'Outstanding' Ofsted ratings.
You will join a supportive staff team where teamwork, flexibility and a positive personality are essential attributes. Our fundamental objective is to provide an education which equips young people with autism for adulthood. Managed on a not-for-profit basis, BeyondAutism is committed to the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (using Skinner’s Analysis of Verbal Behaviour).
What We Offer
- An excellent in-house professional training programme enabling you to develop within the field of special needs and education.
- A range of fantastic staff benefits.
- Ongoing support from a dedicated team who shares in the vision and values of the organisation and work together every day to empower our pupils and transform their lives.
- Clear career pathways with opportunities for professional development, including funding for training.
Closing date: 20th April 2020
Interviews: w/c 27th April 2020
Date of commencement: June 2020
Beyond Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.