An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and caring PPA Cover Supervisor to join our vibrant school on a temporary, maternity cover basis.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and caring PPA Cover Supervisor to provide effective cover supervision for lessons on a regular basis. Lesson plans and materials will be provided and you will ensure that students complete the tasks provided by the teacher. You will have the opportunity to cover a wide variety of subjects. This role will be well suited for candidates who are looking to start their career in teaching, experienced teachers looking for flexibility, TA/HLTA’s or gap year students from universities. We are interested in hearing from all candidates, no matter what point in your career you are currently at, and welcome flexible working arrangements.
About Danetree Primary School:
Danetree Primary School has gone through an exciting journey to become a four-form entry Primary school in September 2016. Recently rated by Ofsted as an 'Outstanding' school, we pride ourselves on the commitment and dedication of the entire staff body and we proudly promote our passion and desire to assist in the educational development and enhancement of each and every child within our school. Our mission is clear; ‘Danetree is a caring school where learning is creative, challenging and inspiring; enabling all to achieve their potential. Be part of our creative and passionate team as we plan the next step on our journey, and Grow, Learn and Flourish within GLF Schools.
What we are looking for:
• Be able to develop positive relationships with young children.
• Be able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of a child.
• Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour.
• Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
• Confident and clear communicator with parents.
• Be flexible with regard to other classroom work.
Why work at Danetree Primary School:
• A supportive and approachable senior management team.
• Continuous professional development through our tailored CPD programme.
• An exciting opportunity to develop a curriculum to meet the needs of local community.
• Assist in the educational progression of young children.
• Job satisfaction.
• Recognition of previous school continuous service.
Full Time – 33 hours a week, Term Time plus INSETS
Salary: FTE £22,500 per annum. Pro Rata salary based on 33 hours, over 39 weeks £17,743 per annum
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.