Cambridge Regional College are currently looking for a PR, Content & Communications Executive to join us working across both of our Campuses in Cambridge and Huntingdon.
We are looking for an aspirational public relations and communications professional to join our College marketing team to drive up awareness and engagement of the great work of students, staff and their success stories.
You will be an innovative communicator, passionate about making an impact utilising traditional and modern communication and PR methods, tactics and tools.
Key targets will include raising media and press coverage levels, brand reputational metrics, as well as social media rankings, engagement metrics, and website traffic.
Leading on public relations for the College you will have a busy and varied role, working with each department and service area of the College to forge great working relationships and to uncover stories to share and to create great content.
You will be working with local, trade and at times national media – print, online, TV and radio.
Key duties and responsibilities of our PR & Communications Executive:
- Corporate communications and reputation management will be a central responsibility
- Involvement in internal communications programmes, publications and events
- Utilise content marketing to build engagement levels with the College amongst key stakeholder groups to build up awareness and reputation
- Work closely with the wider marketing team to advise, support and deliver content marketing to support specific recruitment campaigns
- Create exceptional experiences through events, both leading on events
- Support others in their event delivery across open days, awards ceremonies, graduation ceremonies, staff conferences, talks, and exhibitions
- You will be a key part of the marketing team, and need to liaise with varied and senior stakeholders from across the college and region and at times dignitaries and national representatives; as an ambassador and host for the college.
It is essential that you have an outgoing, positive and friendly personality with excellent interpersonal skills in order to build strong relationships both internally and externally.
This role will work across both sites, Cambridge and Huntingdon, and at times be expected to travel and work at various locations off site. Events are a key part of the role and will involve out of hours work.
In return we can offer you a vibrant and supportive environment within a team of multi-skilled professionals and mutually supportive colleagues who will assist you to have an enjoyable experience. Student success is paramount in our holistic approach and you will have the opportunity to see the impact of your support.
Cambridge Regional College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The College reserves the right to fill this vacancy ahead of the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.