Berkeley Primary School is a warm welcoming school in the heart of the local community. We are very proud of our enthusiastic and well-behaved children, and our committed and hard-working staff team. We boast exceptional indoor and outdoor space and resources. Immerse yourself in our dynamic and exciting creative curriculum and dig out those wellies to enjoy our forest school area!
We are looking for someone who:
• Clear knowledge, experience and passion for continuous provision
• Oversee the operation to the highest standards
• Demonstrates positive and caring relationship with all children
• Is committed to provide a safe, secure and inclusive environment for all
• Has a secure understanding of the EYFS framework and its statutory requirements
• Make observations on children’s daily activities
• Motivates our young children to be increasingly independent and confident as they learn and grow
• Is innovative in seeking new opportunities and experiences and is committed to ongoing CPD
• Shows initiative and the ability to be spontaneous
• Has a passion for both indoor and outdoor classrooms
• Is committed to sharing the school vision and ethos
• Possesses excellent subject knowledge of early phonics, reading, writing and numeracy
• Has a sense of humour, combines with energy and enthusiasm
• Excellent teamwork, and ability to use initiative
The children say the school can offer you:
• A lot of fun and happiness
• A good environment for working with all the best teachers EVER
• Hardworking children who will work towards a challenge
• A rainbow bus that is a library
• Creative children who can be messy, but they do tidy up!
Please do not hesitate to contact the head teacher if you wish to discuss the context of the school or the opportunities it has to offer.
Berkeley Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointed person will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
For information and further details please contact Rachael Stewart, School Business Manager
Berkeley Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.