The Chalklands Cluster of GLF Schools is looking to appoint a reliable and efficient Premises Assistant to join us as soon as possible to help maintain two of its school sites, Marden Lodge Primary School and Warlingham Village Primary School in the Caterham area until 31st August 2021.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a growing academy trust and work across 2 excellent schools. We would also consider applications from candidates interested in a part time job share position.
Chalklands is a cluster of 4 primary schools consisting of Hillcroft Primary School, Marden Lodge Primary School, Warlingham Village Primary School and Whyteleafe Primary School. They are happy, vibrant and forward-thinking schools in which children excel themselves, both academically and socially. We have high standards and expect the best.
What we are looking for
• Friendly with good communication skills
• Good organisational skills
• Motivated and enthusiastic
• Able to work effectively as part of a team
• Good time management
• Holds a full driving licence
• A willingness for further training
• Experience of working in a school environment or in a similar role
The role requires that the successful candidate will:
• Ensure the school sites and buildings are kept safe and well maintained.
• Implement and ensure security measures and procedures for the site building and facilities.
• Be the main key holder and attend to out of hours call out when needed.
• Ensure premises cleaning, repair and catering equipment are maintained and developed in an effective and planned manner.
• Ensure risk assessments are monitored and kept up to date with necessary recommendations of any actions
• Ensure that the necessary Legislative and Health & Safety requirements are met
• Ensure the effective implementation of repairs, maintenance and cleaning programmes.
• Has experience of carrying out DIY tasks
• Promote and maximise the use of buildings and facilities for income as advised by Regional Estates Partner
• Implement, follow and promote energy conservation measures within the school
• Implement and promote the school policies and procedures relating to all areas of employment and service delivery
Why work for Chalklands
• Dedicated and passionate staff
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Staff rooms with refreshments
• Staff well-being support
• An opportunity to be part of a dynamic team
• Onsite parking
• Being part of a Cluster of Schools
Contract: Fixed Term until 31st August 2021
Salary: Associate 2 £17900 - £21000 FTE
Hours: 36 hours a week (worked between 7.00am-6.30pm) Monday to Friday 52 weeks per year
Closing date for applications: 01.11.20
Interview date – TBC
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.