The Chalklands Cluster of GLF Schools is looking to appoint a reliable and efficient Premises Manager to join us as soon as possible to help maintain and manage four school sites in the Caterham area.
The role will be across all four sites and will include line managing existing premises staff at each school. As well as the line management of the Premises Assistants, you would be responsible for the Premises Management, Health & Safety and Compliance of each school and its grounds, including maintaining a swimming pool. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a growing Academy Trust and work across 4 excellent schools.
Chalklands is a cluster of 4 primary schools consisting of Hillcroft Primary School, Marden Lodge Primary School, Warlingham Village Primary School and Whyteleafe Primary School. They are high achieving, happy, vibrant and forward thinking schools in which children excel themselves, both academically and socially.
Our eager children have a real thirst for learning and our excellent staff team are committed and dedicated in ensuring that each and every child achieves. We have high standards and expect the best.
What we are looking for
• Friendly with good communication skills
• Good organisational skills
• Is motivated and enthusiastic
• Is able to work effectively as part of a team
• Is flexible
• Good time management
• Holds a full driving licence
• A willingness for further training and to complete a Swimming Pool Maintenance Course
• Experience of working in a school environment or in a similar role
The role requires that the successful candidate will:
• Ensure the school sites and buildings are kept safe and well maintained.
• Implement and ensure security measures and procedures for the site building and facilities
• Be the main key holder and attend to out of hours call out when the caretakers are unavailable or need assistance
• Ensure premises cleaning, repair and catering equipment are maintained and developed in an effective and planned manner
• Ensure risk assessments are monitored and kept up to date with necessary recommendations of any actions
• Ensure that the necessary Legislative and Health & Safety requirements are met
• Ensure the effective implementation of repairs, maintenance and cleaning programmes
• Has experience of carrying out DIY tasks
• Promote and maximise the use of buildings and facilities and income
• Implement, follow and promote energy conservation measures within the school
• Implement and promote the school policies and procedures relating to all areas of employment and service delivery
Why work for us
• Dedicated and passionate staff
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Staff rooms with refreshments
• Staff well being support
• An opportunity to be part of a dynamic team
• Onsite parking
• Being part of a Cluster of Schools
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff.
Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community, yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience.
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish.
Our offer includes:
• Continuous Professional Development
• Work life and family friendly policies
• Flexible Working
• Staff Wellbeing
• Career Pathways and Talent Management
• Staff Benefits
• Community and Collaboration
• Valued Worker Scheme
Salary: G6 Range £21837 - £25058
Hours : 36 hours per week over 52 weeks per year
Closing date for applications – 19.06.20
Interview date – TBC
To arrange to view the schools or have an informal conversation, please contact Sarah Conway, Regional Estates Partner, on 07851-247557.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.