St Peter’s is an extremely successful secondary school and Sixth Form set in attractive grounds on the outskirts of Guildford. We have an exciting opportunity to appoint a Premises Manager to lead our busy Premises Team. Our Premises Manager is responsible for all aspects of site maintenance, safety, security, portering and cleanliness of the school, with the help and support of an assistant.
The position is for 36 hours per week over 52 weeks a year with a minimum of 26 days holiday, plus bank holidays per year. Final working hours will be agreed with the successful candidate although some flexibility will be needed for opening/closing the site for evening and weekend events.
This is a very varied, interesting role and plays an integral part of the school’s support system. You will be representing the school when dealing with contractors, suppliers and lettings. If you are self-motivated, have a good sense of humour, enjoy working as part of a team and are looking for your next challenge, we would be pleased to hear from you.
About St Peter’s:
- An extremely successful school and Sixth Form set in attractive grounds on the outskirts of Guildford.
- Standards are high and academic progress excellent, with very good facilities and resources.
- Community is a key aspect of our ethos; relationships between students and staff are excellent.
- The school has a reputation for excellent pastoral care and inclusion.
- Part of the Xavier Catholic Education Trust.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to join a very friendly, supportive team.
- A varied workload with the necessary training and development to work effectively.
- A Local Government Pension Scheme.
- All staff benefit from free access to Spectrum, Guildford, Sports Centre. Including the gym, group exercise classes, spa and pool.
- An extensive range of benefits and discounts with the Surrey County Council MyBenefits Scheme.
- Knowledge of basic site maintenance and environmental matters
- Experience of general building maintenance and repairs
- A confident, organised, pro-active individual who is able to prioritise their time and workload, whilst having the flexibility to deal with unexpected interruptions and urgent requests.
- A good communicator and a strong team player, with experience of general building maintenance and repairs.
- Reliable and live locally to the school as you will need to be on call in case of emergencies.
- Able to remain calm whilst working under pressure and have a clear understanding of Health and Safety procedures.
- Hold a clean driver’s licence
- Physical ability to carry out manual handling tasks, e.g. lifting climbing and moving items
Unsure? Why not visit the school for a tour and let us answer any questions you may have.
If you would like to visit the school for a tour or have any other queries, please contact Michelle Gallagher, HR Manager.
Our roles can receive high volumes of applicants and we may need to occasionally close a vacancy before the published closing date of the advert. Interviews will be arranged as suitable applications are received. We do not want you to miss out, so recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible
St Peters Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The Successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.