Hours: 37 hours per week | Full Time | Shift Work
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: Grade 4, Point 7-10 (actual salary £19,554 - £21,166 per annum)
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Premises Officer to provide high quality maintenance, security and cleanliness for the school to ensure all pupils, staff and visitors have a comfortable, clean and well maintained learning environment. At Orchard Mead Academy all students, teachers and staff share a common vision to make a positive difference to ourselves, to others and to the world. We encourage all members of our learning community to respect their surroundings and we take collective responsibility to make Orchard Mead Academy and the wider community a better place.
The successful candidate will work alongside the Site Manager, undertaking operational management responsibility for the maintenance, security, health & safety and general administration of the academy, our grounds, buildings, facilities and equipment to ensure an efficient and effective operation.
The purpose of this role is to:
• Ensure the whole school environment is maintained to a good standard, ensuring the effective implementation of repairs, maintenance and cleaning programmes.
• Implement and maintain adequate security measures and procedures for the site buildings and facilities.
• Ensure premises, grounds, cleaning, repair and catering equipment are maintained in an effective and planned manner.
• Support the Site Manager with the annual risk assessment and audit report of all facilities with necessary recommendations of any actions required.
• Ensure the necessary Legislative and Health & Safety requirements are met.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have skills and experience to carry out basic DIY tasks and carry out minor repairs to buildings and equipment.
• Have experience of building regulations and guidelines in detail (e.g. Health & Safety).
• Have experience of being responsible for facilities and staff in an operational setting.
• Be flexible and able to work outside of normal hours, and be on call for emergencies.
• Be an ambassador for the school in relation to our vision and values, serving our students and the wider community.
Orchard Mead Academy is a culturally diverse comprehensive school with approximately 1200 students situated in the North East of Leicester and is part of The Mead Educational Trust (TMET). The Trust is a growing partnership of primary and secondary schools situated in the East Midlands. It provides its academies access to a world-class education network and staff with an employer providing high quality professional development. We are committed to ensuring each Academy enables every pupil to achieve the very best. We believe that together we make a positive difference.
Orchard Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and a comprehensive screening process is followed for each candidate. This will include an enhanced DBS check (formerly known as Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure).
We are committed to equality of opportunity and actively encourage applications from all sections of the community.
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application. In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CVs and ask that you complete the TMET Application Form in order for your application to be considered. Please submit your application via the eteach website.
Orchard Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.