Grade 7 (£20,496 – £21,750 pro-rata)
30 hours per week as a split shift
(7.00 a.m. – 9.45 a.m. and 2.45 p.m. – 6 p.m.)
Start Date: ASAP
Croft CofE Primary School requires an enthusiastic, loyal person to maintain and develop our school facilities and grounds and become a valued and integral member of our small, friendly, whole school team. You will be expected to work under your own initiative, with a flexible and adaptable approach. The successful candidate will be an experienced person who will have line management responsibilities for the cleaning team and share responsibility for Health & Safety, Property Management and Compliance with the headteacher.
The main duties will involve the timely opening, smooth operation, development and security of our buildings and grounds.
An enthusiastic approach to providing a high standard of premises management and
customer care is essential together with a flexible approach. The post holder will be required to have good communication, organisation and time management skills.
The ideal candidate will
- have experience undertaking basic electrical and plumbing repairs, and have knowledge of Health and Safety. Other training will be provided.
- be able to demonstrate previous experience and skills to identify, monitor and carry out minor repairs, maintenance and redecoration.
- be experienced in working in a school environment or in a similar role.
- show enthusiasm for maintaining our large and established grounds.
- demonstrate an understanding of Health & Safety and hygiene procedures and precautions.
- demonstrate good verbal communication skills that reflect the age of our pupils and the Christian ethos of our school, to enable effective communication with all our stakeholders.
Candidates for this role are warmly invited to contact Rachel Roberts for an informal conversation.
Croft CofE Primary School offer a strong commitment to your professional development and career management, with an opportunity to be part of a supportive and hardworking team and play an important role in our rapidly improving school.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same ethos. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Since the 1st April 2019, we have been an academy within Embrace Multi Academy Trust. This is an exciting period for our school, as we are working within Embrace to achieve the best possible outcomes for all our stakeholders, including members of staff. Employees at all Embrace academies are employed by Embrace Multi Academy Trust rather than the individual academy, but are employed under national terms and conditions.
Croft Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and Disqualification by Association form.