Job Title: Premises Officer
Location: Braunstone Community Primary School
Salary: £20,496 – £21750
Hours: 37 hours per week
Shift pattern: Mon – Thurs: 7am-11am and 2:30pm-6pm,
Fri: 7am-11am and 2:30pm-5:30pm
Start date: 11th January 2021, or earlier by negotiation
We are looking to recruit a self motivated and independent Premises Officer to undertake responsibility for the supervision of the site and the maintenance and security of the buildings.
YOU WILL BE INVOLVED IN:
- Supporting the management of cleaning staff (or contract if applicable), undertaking general maintenance, repairs and cleaning of the building and grounds.
- Undertaking minor repairs and maintenance on an ‘as and when necessary basis’
- Completing appropriate records and testing (e.g. maintenance file/ heating/safety checks, order forms)
- Opening the grounds and school buildings and ‘unset’ alarms in accordance with laid down schedules
- Ensuring grounds care work undertaken by contractors etc is completed to a specified standard
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- The ability to undertake a range of basic repairs and maintenance tasks
- A good understanding of Health & Safety and security issues
- The ability to maintain accurate records
- A good level of literacy and numeracy
WHY CHOOSE US
Braunstone Community Primary School is a two-form entry school that sits proudly in its community. Our vision is BELONG, CARE, PERSEVERE, SUCCEED. Everything that the children and staff do at our school, has these core values as the golden thread.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A welcoming, caring school where everyone is valued
- Friendly, enthusiastic pupils who are very proud of our school
- A dedicated and motivated staff team who believe in teamwork and building positive relationships across the school and in the local community
- The full support of the Head Teacher and Governing Body for professional and leadership development
Closing date for Applications: 4th December 2020 11:59am
Interview Date: 11th December 2020
Start Date: 11th January 2021, or earlier by negotiation
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification attached to support with your application.
Safeguarding Statement: We are committed to safeguarding our pupils; therefore, the successful applicant will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and references.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.