Hours: 37 per week | Full Time | Shift Work
Start Date:As soon as possible
Salary:Grade 4, Points 7-10 (actual salary £20,092 - £21,748)
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Premises Officer to provide high quality maintenance, security and cleanliness for the school to ensure all pupils, staff and visitors have a comfortable, clean and well maintained learning environment. The successful candidate will work alongside the Site Manager, undertaking operational management responsibility for the maintenance, security, health & safety and general administration of the Academy.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Ensure the whole school environment is maintained to a good standard, ensuring the effective implementation of repairs, maintenance and cleaning programmes.
- Implement and maintain adequate security measures and procedures for the site buildings and facilities.
- Ensure premises, grounds, cleaning, repair and catering equipment are maintained in an effective and planned manner.
- Support the Site Manager with the annual risk assessment and audit report of all facilities with necessary recommendations of any actions required.
- Ensure the necessary Legislative and Health & Safety requirements are met.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have skills and experience to carry out basic DIY tasks and carry out minor repairs to buildings and equipment.
- Have experience of building regulations and guidelines in detail (e.g. Health & Safety).
- Have experience of being responsible for facilities and staff in an operational setting.
- Be flexible and able to work outside of normal hours, and be on call for emergencies.
- Be an ambassador for the school in relation to our vision and values, serving our students and the wider community.
Orchard Mead Academy is a culturally diverse comprehensive school with approximately 1200 students situated in the North East of Leicester and is part of The Mead Educational Trust (TMET). The Trust is a growing partnership of primary and secondary schools situated in the East Midlands. It provides its academies access to a world-class education network and staff with an employer providing high quality professional development. We are committed to ensuring each Academy enables every pupil to achieve the very best. We believe that together we make a positive difference.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Disclosure check.
How to apply
If you are interested in this post, please complete the application form online.
Please see the documents listed below, which may assist you in making your application:
- Job description
- Application and Recruitment Process document
Closing date: Monday 12th April 2021, 9am
Orchard Mead Academy is committed to:
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Equal opportunities and equal value for staff and students, and prevention of discrimination in its many forms.
NO AGENCIES OR CVs PLEASE
Orchard Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.