Full Time – 37 hours per week
or Part Time - (2 or 3 days a week)
Salary: Scale 7 – Points 11-14 (FTE = £20,496 - £21,750)
Fernvale Primary School are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and motivated person to work at our school and be responsible for ensuring that the whole school environment is maintained to a satisfactory standard; to oversee the security of our school and to manage a programme of preventative planned maintenance; to be responsible for the efficient running of the facilities to include Health and Safety and lettings, ensuring they operate efficiently and effectively and to be a role model for the school within the community.
You will have responsibility for maintaining the security, safety, condition and cleanliness of the school, including carrying out routine day-to-day cleaning duties. There is a dedicated cleaning staff for whom you will have day-to-day line management responsibility.
You will work 37 hours per week, which will be worked on a split shift basis (7:00-10:30 am and 2:00–6:00 pm) during school term time. Daily times to be agreed for work during school holidays.
You will job share and work part-time (2 or 3 days to be negotiated). 37 hours per week, to be covered across the school. Each days is a split shift basis (7:00-10:30 am and 2:00–6:00 pm) during school term time. Daily times to be agreed for work during school holidays.
You will have:
- Previous experience in a caretaking / premises management role;
- Experience of undertaking routine repairs and maintenance or craft skills in a relevant trade;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate well to staff, governors, pupils and parents;
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety issues relevant to the post;
- The ability to maintain accurate and efficient records
We can offer you:
- The chance to work within a vibrant and collaborative community of primary schools, where children are at the heart of all we do;
- A working culture built upon trust, value and respect.
The post involves:
- Supporting management of cleaning staff
- Undertaking general maintenance, repairs and cleaning of the building and grounds
- Undertaking minor repairs on an ‘as and when basis’
- Completing and ensuring accurate records for all Health and Safety checks
- Opening the grounds and school building and management of alarm systems
- Ensuring grounds care work is undertaken by contractors to a specified standard
- Ability to alert senior staff to unsafe practices
- An ability to undertake risk assessments in relation to premises function
- Ability to undertake a range of basic repairs and maintenance tasks related to equipment and materials
- The ability to maintain accurate records
- A good level of literacy and numeracy
For further information please refer to the attached job specification and the letter to applicants.
We welcome candidates to take a tour of the school, please telephone Mrs A. Robinson to arrange.
To apply please complete the attached application form and return it through eteach, or by post to Mrs A Robinson, Fernvale Primary School, Somerby Road, Thurnby, Leicester, LE7 9PR.
- Closing date for applications: Monday 31st January 2022 at 12 Noon
- Interviews: w/b 7th February 2022
- Start date: As soon as possible
Applications must be submitted using the OWLS Academy Trust Application Form.
The OWLS Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointment to this post will be subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS disclosure.
The OWLS TRUST is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure form the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service).