Martinshaw Primary School requires an enthusiastic and dedicated Preschool Assistant to join our friendly and hardworking team on a part time basis. This is a fixed-term contract.
- School: Martinshaw Primary School, Groby
- Start Date: 12th April 2021 until 31st August 2021
- Starting Salary: Grade 3 - £18,199 – £18,353 pro rata. Actual salary £4604 - £4643.
- Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 12.30pm-3.00pm and Wednesday 12.30pm-1.30pm.
- Contract: Term Time & Teacher Days. This contract is available through funding. Should this funding cease, the position will end.
- Qualifications Required: None, but previous experience of working with children desirable.
- Contract: Part Time and Fixed Term until 31st August 2021
- Job purpose: To offer general support to other staff in the provision of care, safety and learning of children.
- Applications Close: 9am Friday 5th March 2021
- Interviews: Week Beginning 15th March 2021
We are looking for:
- A caring and nurturing practitioner who will embrace our motto ‘Succeeding Together’;
- A practitioner who loves working with younger children;
- A hard working and enthusiastic individual with some ICT skills;
- A team player who has good communication and interpersonal skills;
- An individual with a wide range of skills and talents.
- An individual who can work with children with Special educational needs when relevant.
The successful applicant will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the DBS including a Prohibited List Check. Two satisfactory working references will also be required.
The amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975 (2013 & 2020) provide that certain spent convictions and cautions are 'protected' and are not subject to disclosure to employers and cannot be taken into account. Guidance and criteria on the filtering of these cautions and convictions can be found on the Ministry of Justice website.
Should you be shortlisted for the position, you will be required to complete a criminal records self-declaration form in order to provide any information about any unspent and unprotected criminal records that you may have
Visits to the school are welcome, but given the current climate, this will be after school when no children are present.
Please email the school to arrange a visit with the Headteacher or Assistant Headteacher.
To apply: Please use application form provided. Applications received without this will not be considered.
Successful candidates will be contacted by email.
All successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the DBS.