Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard (Level 3)
Contract length: 18 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Apprenticeship
Salary: £4.30 per hour
37 hours per week, (Mon-Fri)
We are seeking an enthusiastic and proactive individual who will work under the direct supervision of the Pre-School Manager to provide support for teaching and learning and associated activities within the Pre-School, in accordance with school policies and procedures. This may include providing general support for whole class learning activities or supporting individuals or small groups of pupils with intervention. Typical responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing agreed support to the pre-school manager in the delivery of planned whole class learning activities.
- Working under the direct supervision of the pre-school manager to carry out planned learning activities with small groups or individual pupils
- Supporting the physical, intellectual, emotional and social development of pupils, including contributing ideas and suggestions to support planning
The apprenticeship takes approximately 18 months to complete and you will receive a blended method of learning including tutor visits and attending workshops, working towards achieving nationally recognised qualifications in:
· Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard
· Level 2 Functional Skills maths
· Level 2 Functional Skills English
PERSONAL QUALITIES & DESIRED SKILLS
- Experience working within a school setting
- Ability to work with children in a learning environment.
- High standard of numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Show initiative and adopt a proactive nature.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification attached to support with your application.
WHY CHOOSE US
Woolden Hill Primary School is an Ofsted Rated Good School (November 2019) in the village of Anstey. The school is a one form entry primary school that has an intake of 30 pupils for each class. The school has been open for over 40 years. In that time we have gained a well respected reputation throughout the area for delivering fantastic results and giving children the best possible start in life. We pride ourselves on our high standards of teaching; ensuring the our children receive the best possible education as well as have an enjoyable school experience.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
IN RETURN, WE WILL GIVE YOU:
- A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn
- On-site parking
- Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits such as retail discounts
Application deadline: 19th August 2021
Interview date: Week Commencing 23rd August 2021
Expected start date: As soon as possible
Woolden Hill Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure form the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service).