We are looking for 2 Primary Class Teachers (Key Stage 2) to join us in August 2021!
WHY CHOOSE US
Modern English School, Cairo is a BSO, BSME, COBIS, MSA and Cognia accredited school based in Cairo. We provide a high quality education for children from Foundation Stage 1 to university entrance level, serving the needs of Egyptian and international families in Cairo. Our broad education is based upon the British Curriculum in Primary. In Secondary, we offer a choice between a British Curriculum, an American Curriculum and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. Arabic and Religious Studies are taught throughout the school.
Leadership through Education: Care, Challenge, Inspire
WE BELIEVE IN
- Recognising the value of each individual and his/her relationship with others.
- Promoting international understanding and responsible citizenship in a multicultural context, reflecting the best of Arab,Western and other world cultures.
- Providing a supportive, inspiring environment which encourages learners to aim high and achieve their aspirations.
- Creating opportunities for all to develop confidence, responsibility and integrity.
Teaching contracts for overseas-hired colleagues include:
- Competitive, tax-free salary
- Nominal settling-in allowance
- Monthly contribution to housing and extensive support from our dedicated 'Housing Team' to source accommodation upon arrival
- End of service gratuity, accrued annually
- Support with Bank registration, account management and transfers
- Local medical insurance for employees and dependents
- Subsidised international medical insurance through BUPA for the employee
- Access to meaningful continuing professional development
- Tuition fee waiver at MES Cairo for legal dependents of school-age
- Relevant Qualifications and a good Honours Degree.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work as a team.
- The ability to work towards deadlines.
- The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Experience innovating to deliver the curriculum
Potential candidates for this role are warmly invited to visit the school or to contact the headteacher for an informal conversation.
Find out more on our School Career site
Modern English School, Cairo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.