Primary Class Teacher
Main Pay Range
Full Time, Permanent
September 2021 start
Inspire their remarkable with us
Are you an inspirational practitioner ready to make a difference in a rapidly improving and remarkable Academy?
Are you passionate about school improvement?
If so, Offa's Mead Academy would love to hear from you.
Offa’s Mead Primary Academy is located in Gloucestershire but we have excellent local links as we are situated about a mile outside of Chepstow and well as within commutable distance of both Bristol and Wales. Approximately a third of our pupils are from Service families as we serve nearby Beachley Barracks.
We are looking for an experienced, committed teacher, ideally with a Maths specialism, with high standards and expectations to work within our supportive team. We can be flexible about the Key Stage we offer so warmly welcome applications from all primary teachers. Unfortunately, we are unable to support an NQT at this time so would ideally be looking for a more experienced colleague.
This is the perfect opportunity for candidates who want to work in a primary school that supports teachers to develop effective learning and teaching methods as well as endorsing a healthy work /life balance.
- Be highly motivated and determined to make a real difference to the lives of our children
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner, focused on pupil progress
- Be ambitious and committed to the pupils in your care
In return, we can offer you:
- A school where we collaborate, share and support each other to make sure all children achieve their very best.
- A leadership team who welcome fresh ideas and traditional values.
- Well supported teachers who are committed to driving high standards.
- Significant opportunities to further your professional development.
- Happy, enthusiastic and well behaved children who will make you proud to be a teacher.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date: Monday 03 May 2021
Interviews will take place shortly after the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
Offa's Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.