Class Teacher - Permanent (Y4/5 initially)
Temporary TLR3 (£617) for 1 year to raise standards in Expressive Arts
Cwmcarn Primary School
Required from January 2022 pending recruitment checks
Salary: Teachers Main Scale
The successful Candidate will have:
• Outstanding classroom practice and the ability to motivate and engage young learners; who is inspiring, creative, caring, full of enthusiasm and who will make our children's learning enjoyable and fun;
• Knowledge of good systems of pastoral care, including pupil empowerment;
• Be highly motivated and hold equally high expectations of our children's achievements, their behaviour and skill development;
• Be able to effectively work together as members of our strong school team and contribute fully to the life of the school including extracurricular activities;
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with our parents and carers, members of our Governing Body and our wider community;
• Be able to effectively use ICT to enhance our children's learning and be fully committed to promoting Welsh 2nd Language and the well-being of our pupils;
• Have an interest and experience of working with children with Additional Learning Needs and manage behaviour extremely well.
• Have a passion for Expressive Arts and able to lead this AOLE throughout the school.
We can offer:
• A position within our successful school, which has a clear vision for its future and strategic plans for continued improvement and success;
• Children who are keen and enthusiastic;
• Excellent opportunities for professional development;
• The opportunity to work with a very strong, professional and supportive school team.
Closing Date: November 24th
Shortlisting: November 26th
Interviews: Week of November 29th
We are legally obliged to ask you to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. If you are invited to interview, you will be asked to provide appropriate documents such as your full birth certificate/passport/work permit in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and a comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on all applicants. This will include an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Cwmcarn Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.