Primary Higher Level Teaching Assistant
37 hours per week, term time only
Salary: Grade 12 (£18,651.18 per annum)
To start as soon as possible
Tor School is a Pupil Referral Unit that is committed to providing the best education possible for some of the most vulnerable children and young people in the Mendip Area. The school is situated in Glastonbury and opened in 2018. We support pupils that have been permanently excluded from their Primary schools until a new educational setting is allocated.
We invite applications from experienced EYFS/KS1/2 teaching assistants who:
- Are committed to social inclusion and raising children’s achievement through an exciting and stimulating curriculum
- Subscribe to and can demonstrate a clear understanding of nurturing principles
- Have knowledge or experience of delivering social and emotional skills programmes
- Are able to foster good relationships with pupils, parents/carers and a range of professional colleagues
- Can provide in-class and 1:1 support for pupils with social, mental and emotional health barriers to learning at EYFS, Key Stages 1 and 2 both in mainstream schools and The Tor School short stay setting
- Have a high level of personal resilience, a positive attitude and flexible approach
- Have the confidence to plan and deliver short programmes in schools and model good practice to school staff
- Have an understanding of the National Curriculum and be able to plan from this
- Be willing to continue and develop practice through self-directed professional development
For further information, please call us on: 01458-258296.
Closing Date: Wednesday 12th March 2021
Tor School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.