Primary Leader of Education
(Potentially any one of the 3 sites)
Salary: L2 (£40,966) – L5 (£44,106)
Required September 2019
Full time & Permanent
• Are you an exceptional, creative practitioner who really wants to make a difference every day to the lives of the most vulnerable children?
• Are you passionate about the making a difference to the lives of children and young people?
• Are you an outstanding Primary teacher who feels stifled by the mainstream system?
• Do you want the unique opportunity to play a part in leading the development a world-class SEMH provision?
• Do you want to be driven by a sense of moral purpose rather than data?
• Do you want high quality professional development and support?
• Do you want to teach small classes where getting to know the children really well is a priority and a pleasure?
• Do you want to work with highly supportive colleagues who share your values and ethos?
• Do you want to work in an organisation that supports career progression and has opportunities beyond your own school?
As part of a restructure of our primary provision, we are seeking to recruit an exceptional leader to join our team at Springwell Leeds Academy who will lead on this key of school development. Our current primary site will be moving to an all through split site provision in September. Consequently, we are looking for a senior primary leader on each site to take responsibility for the four primary classes in their separate hub.
As this is a Leadership post, you will be part of the whole school wider leadership team and will have the opportunity to help shape the wider aspects of the site.
Full details are outlined in the job description for these posts, which essentially focus on the leadership of primary classroom practice on site. Post holders will lead other primary teaching staff in all aspects of the primary curriculum, assessment as well as teaching and learning.
Our new sites are located in the Middleton (South), Seacroft (East) and Tinshill (North) areas of the city. The successful post holders will be located at two of these possible sites, which is yet to be determined. Further discussions about location will take place at interview.
If you would like to discuss or find out more about these posts, please contact Emma Beveridge, Associate Principal, via email (see how to apply)
Closing date/Shortlisting date Thursday 9th May 2019
Interview date Thursday 16th May 2019
Start date 1st September 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the application form sent as a separate attachment to this pack. Along with this, you may submit a covering letter of no more than two sides of A4 outlining your suitability for this role and evidence of outstanding leadership to date.
Visits are encouraged. To arrange these please contact Lauren Harper (see how to apply)
The Trust recognises that it has a statutory and moral duty towards safeguarding the welfare of children, young people and, if appropriate, vulnerable adults who participate in any Trust activities and expects all staff to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS is required for this post.
Springwell Leeds Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.