Primary Phase Class Teacher
Start Date: January 2021 or before(depending on availability)
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Outer London MPR/UPR + SEN Range (depending on qualifications and experience)
Strathmore is a forward-thinking, fast growing and innovative special school and part of the Auriga Academy Trust, a locally focussed Trust of three special schools.
We occupy new, purpose built accommodation co-located with local, inclusive minded mainstream Primary and Secondary schools. Our role has trebled over last 7 years and continues to grow.
We are a happy, positive and hard working day special school for learners with complex learning difficulties aged 4 - 19. 60% of pupils have an additional diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorders or have additional physical and sensory disabilities. Our pupils come from all parts of the borough and from neighbouring boroughs. We work closely with our colleagues from Educational Psychology, Health and Social Care to ensure that our learners receive all the support and challenge they need to achieve. Every pupil has an individual learning programme that details what and how they are learning, including input from Speech and Language, Occupational, Physiotherapy and Music Therapy. 100% of parents said that their child is happy and enjoys school and that they would recommend Strathmore.
We have very high aspirations for all of our learners and high expectations of ourselves. 100% of our staff said they feel positive and happy coming to work each day
We offer you:
· Outstanding and on-going Continuing Professional Development with opportunities for you to develop professionally, e.g. NPQML/SL, Early Leadership Programme, Post Graduate sponsorship
· Additional PPA time for visits and projects
· Enthusiastic and supportive colleagues, parents and governors
· A wide and developing community of inclusive mainstream and special schools for you to work and learn in, with and from including partner schools across the Auriga Academy Trust
· A developed and extending multi-agency network including regular support and liaison from Educational Psychology and Therapists
· Termly Staff Wellbeing focus weeks and ongoing subscription to Employee Assistance Programme
· Family membership of Kew Gardens
· A school that expects excellence from all
Closing date for applications: Midday on 9th October 2020
Interviews: Friday 16th October 2020
Conversations are encouraged – please contact us and arrange a chat!
Please email all completed application forms to Carla Osborne, HR & Pupil Administrator
- Please refer to our school website for the application form and full person spec and job Description
This post is physical in nature and may present emotional and physical demands not common in mainstream schools. The Auriga Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Check with a check of the DBS Barred List.
Strathmore School is committed to providing equality of opportunity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced criminal record check with the DBS.