Contract: Full time, Permanent
Site: Richard Barnes Academy
Closing date: 04 May 2021 at 9:00am
Do you want to work as part of a forward thinking, innovative, enthusiastic team of staff?
Are you ambitious and driven to succeed?
Are you passionate about inclusivity?
Are you a class teacher committed to improving the lives of children and young people?
If so, this is the school for you!
About Thomas Deacon Education Trust (TDET)
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is a charitable organisation dedicated to raising educational outcomes across a range of primary and secondary phase schools and academies in the East Midlands.
As a growing Multi-Academy Trust we strive to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all and an ethos and culture that encourages everyone to be the very best that they can be. We put learners, and their learning, at the heart of everything we do.
About Richard Barnes Academy
The Richard Barnes Academy became part of the Thomas Deacon Education Trust in May 2020, replacing the Peterborough Pupil Referral Service. The Richard Barnes Academy is an inclusive primary and secondary alternative provision academy that is committed to safeguarding and learner welfare. We provide specialist support for learners who have experienced difficulties with learning and behaviour in a mainstream setting.
Here at the Richard Barnes Academy our core purpose is to provide more than just an education for our young people, we create an innovative, personalised alternative learning environment where our learners acquire belief, opportunities, and skills to succeed. If you are a highly skilled, committed, and compassionate practitioner who has what it takes to make a difference, we look forward to receiving an application from you.
We are looking for teachers who are:
• Happy, fun and caring.
• Committed to working collaboratively alongside families and professionals to improve the lives of children and families in our community.
• Confident to work collaboratively alongside professionals and families to ensure every child can thrive.
• Able to demonstrate high expectations of behaviour and achievement for all pupils.
• Excellent practitioners, who will inspire and motivate all of our pupils to achieve their potential.
• An enthusiastic and committed teacher who believes in the value of continuing CPD.
The Trust offers:
• Excellent salary package.
• Fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
• Opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
• Use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
• Teachers’ pension scheme.
• An engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
• An inclusive and collaborative approach.
• A talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
• An actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Richard Barnes Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.