The Spires Academy is an alternative education provision for learners aged 5 to 11-years-old and whose needs cannot be met within a mainstream environment. We provide placements for young people in the Northamptonshire area who exhibit social, emotional and behavioural concerns.
We also offer a full national curriculum as well as a nurturing environment designed specifically for children with additional needs.
You will be teaching students who have emotional and behavioural difficulties, in small groups. The work is intensive requiring flexibility, sensitivity, patience and resilience. An ability to work with and engage all students with creativity and passion towards the subject is essential.
Your main day-to-day responsibilities will include:
Teaching and learning:
- Overseeing and co-ordinating the development of your subject(s) area.
- Planning, producing and updating schemes of work to meet curriculum, inspection, and accreditation requirements.
- Preparing and delivering lessons/learning activities to individuals and groups of learners.
- Supporting and guiding learners so that they can reflect on their learning, identify the progress they have made and set positive targets for improvement.
- Maintaining good order and discipline among the students, safeguarding their wellbeing.
- Experience of working with our cohort of young people including those with complex behaviour and additional learning needs.
- Extensive behaviour management experience with students who have complex needs and challenging behaviour.
- Relevant classroom teaching experience.
Interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised
Catch22 MAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice will be followed and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
At Catch22 we value equality, diversity and inclusion. We are wholeheartedly committed to the principle of equality of opportunity, both as an employer and as a provider of services. Diversity and Inclusion is part of what we do every day, working to deliver our vision to build a strong society where everyone has good people around them, a purpose, and a good place to live.
The Spires Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.