Primary Teacher - PPA and NQT Cover (Part-Time, 0.5, Temporary)
We are a friendly, community school, rural and yet urban, tucked away in Ashton Vale. We are child centred, encouraging and appreciating the very different talents, interests and strengths of the pupils.
The staff are committed to raising standards in a way that will give the pupils a love of learning and the ability to learn for life. We aim to make the school a total learning environment which is interactive and pleasing to be in.
Ashton Vale welcomes all pupils regardless of ability. We celebrate all cultures and religions and teach tolerance and respect through knowledge and understanding.
At Ashton Vale we value our relationship with parents and see a close and harmonious bond between home and school as an important factor in the education of your child. We keep our lines of communication open welcoming visits to our school. There is a weekly newsletter sent home with pupils which is full of information about what is happening across the school, within education and the community.
The welfare of the pupils is high priority and we work together as a team to ensure our pupils have the skills to socialise successfully. Most of all we want to make a difference and to be remembered by pupils as giving them opportunities and the confidence to experience the riches life has to offer.
The role is a part time 0.5 role, fixed term until 31st August 2021.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Main Scale teaching salary.
- A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working within our shared family of schools to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- A successful NQT support program.
- Onsite parking.
- Onsite canteen with locally sourced ingredients.
- A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students without limitations.
- Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status).
- A Good Honours Degree.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work as a team.
- The ability to work towards deadlines.
- The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Experience innovating to deliver the curriculum
Potential candidates for this role are warmly invited to contact the headteacher for an informal conversation.
Ashton Vale Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.