Primary Tutor (with QTS)
Salary: £25 per hour
Start date: January 2022
Contract: Casual Contract (6 hours a day, 30 hours a week – Monday to Friday)
Closing Date: 12/12/2021
We require a Primary Tutor to join Newbridge Junior School. We are looking for someone who has the drive, passion and skills to work between our infant and junior schools. At our schools, we are very proud to have a diverse school community in which many languages, cultures and religions learn together. Both Penhale and Newbridge are very caring and forward thinking, we invest in our staff and use coaching and mentoring to develop skills and expertise.
The successful candidate will provide additional tutoring to our students on a 1:1 or small group basis to help cover any areas identified by the class teacher for development. You’ll create a bespoke learning plan for students based on feedback from teachers and SLT of the student’s school. This will vary in length depending on the students need and you will create engaging sessions thought the duration of the booking.
What you will need to succeed:
- Be a qualified KS1/KS2 Teacher
- Have a minimum of 2 years teaching/ tutoring experience
- Be committed to contributing to our fully inclusive school, being proactive in adjusting support for pupils
- You will schedule tuition appointments via a student’s teacher or guardian
- Deliver professional tuition sessions both in person and via video calls (MS Teams)
- Plan individual tutoring sessions for your students to match their areas identified for improvement
- Develop teaching or training materials, such as handouts and resources
- Identify areas for improvement by creating bespoke learning plans based on a students development needs
- Make sure students are prepared to an exam standard, assess any barriers to students' study progress
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the curriculum and qualification frameworks and use relevant and up to date tutoring methods and techniques
- Keep learner records, produce progress reports and make sure all relevant stakeholders are updated accordingly
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.?
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Charted Teacher?
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas?
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
Visits to the schools are warmly welcomed; please contact the school office via email s. arthur @ tsatrust. org. uk
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Newbridge Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.