Archdiocese of Birmingham
The Dominic Barberi Multi Academy Company
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, Thame
Inspired to be our best
Required from September 2020
Salary Range L15 - 21
‘Warm relationships across the school support pupils well as they strive to meet leaders’ high expectations. A sense of everyone working together and supporting each other pervades.’ Ofsted November 2019
Following the promotion of our excellent Principal, the Directors of the Dominic Barberi Multi Academy Company (DBMAC) in partnership with the Governors (Academy Committee) of St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint an outstanding leader who will continue to inspire our children, staff and families ‘to be their best’.
Our amazing staff team has just had a successful Section 8 Ofsted (November ‘19) under the new framework. There is a real ambition to continue this trajectory in our school community with supportive staff, governors and parents. We have worked hard to build our curriculum and behaviour for learning; to improve our premises and to firmly establish robust safeguarding processes. This will be an extremely exciting point at which to join the school as it moves forwards.
As a school we can offer:
• Articulate, engaged children who are keen to learn, use a growth mindset, and have exceptional behaviour for learning
• A thriving community of faith where all children are valued and cared for
• A dedicated, inspiring and hard working staff team committed to securing the best for all pupils
• A well-performing school with ‘Good’ Ofsted and Section 48 Inspection ratings
• Broad opportunities for on-going professional development, including induction and mentoring programmes, support from DBMAC leaders and funded leadership training
• Governors and a Multi Academy Company who are keen to support the school to achieve its mission and vision
• A vibrant and welcoming parish community
Our children would like a Principal who is:
• Kind and approachable
• Firm, but fair
The successful candidate will:
• Be a practising Catholic who is committed to the ethos and purpose of Catholic education
• Have a proven record of successful leadership that has secured improved outcomes for all children
• Have strong communication and interpersonal skills to lead and inspire our staff, pupils and parents
• Be a strategic thinker who will continue our vision for the school in collaboration with the DBMAC, Academy Committee and staff
• Be skilled in developing staff at all levels and driving excellence across the school
• Be a team player, effective collaborator and delegator
• Have a clear understanding and knowledge of a range of operational strategies to secure improved outcomes for our pupils
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Job share applications would be considered. Please contact the school office to make an appointment or for further details and an application pack.
Application pack documents can also be downloaded from the school website.
Closing date: Noon 03 March 2020
Shortlisting: 06 March 2020
Interviews: 17 March 2020
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to criminal record checks from the Disclosure and Barring Service and requires you to disclose details of unspent and unfiltered reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in any application.
St Josephs Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.