Aldar Education are currently seeking several inspirational school leaders for various Principal positions in Abu Dhabi and the Northern Emirates, commencing Academic Year 2022 – 2023, due to planned current and future expansion.
Aldar Education are the leading education group in Abu Dhabi, we provide inclusive and innovative learning that inspires and empowers communities, Aldar Education aims to be your employer of choice. We educate over 24,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders and employees across the group.
Working collaboratively, our purpose is to empower the next generation to shape our future, directly supporting the educational goals of Abu Dhabi’s government. Today, Aldar Education’s efforts are guided by the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 plan, which aims to build a sustainable knowledge-based economy through premium education.
We are a “Great Place To Work” and currently employ over 1,400 teachers to deliver the English National Curriculum, the highly regarded American Massachusetts State Curriculum and the prestigious International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme all with an international dimension.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
- Strategic, operational, and financial responsibility for the school
- Strategic direction and leadership of school improvement
- Provide inspiring and purposeful leadership for the staff, students, and the wider community
- To develop a school improvement plan founded in a secure understanding of data and classroom observation
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the school and the quality of teaching and learning
- Continue to maintain an environment that promotes and secures outstanding teaching, effective learning, high standards of achievement and good behaviour.
- Develop and maintain effective links with the community including business and industry, to extend the curriculum and enhance teaching and learning
- Improve the existing system for the management of staff performance, incorporating target setting and individual development plans
- Continue to develop an organisation in which all staff feel valued and recognise that they are accountable for the success of the school
- BA in Education or BA Degree with relevant teaching qualification is essential
- Master’s in education or similar level qualification essential
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in education
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior leadership position
Job Specific Knowledge & Skill
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders, including the Board and Strategic Governance Group is essential
- Ability to understand the operational and financial requirements to manage a successful school is essential
What We Offer
Aldar Academies are a family of world-class, child centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including non-monetary benefits. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training.
Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.
Schrole Leadership Search is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.