We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and knowledgeable Procurement Officer to work 3 days per week (days flexible). This is an exciting role which will include implementing a new process for all purchasing and tendering contracts across the college.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- To implement a robust procurement and tendering process in line with the college financial procedures
- Reviewing and/or drafting procurement documents, e.g. policies and procedures, designing and embedding consistent, sustainable working practices and processes across the College, eradicating inefficiency through continuous improvement
- Supporting supplier control after awarding contract until completion of delivery
- To communicate the process to all budget managers and ensure adherence
- To work alongside the Director of Finance and Finance Manager in finding new and innovative ways in reducing expenditure across all areas of the college
- To ensure all purchase orders are processed and approved in line with the college financial procedures
- To be responsible for raising agreements for external hirers to maximise revenue for the college.
- To identify personal and professional staff development needs to meet the College’s Strategic and Operational Plan.
- To ensure continuous professional development (CPD) requirements as specified by the College and that may be identified during College processes, for example Appraisal.
- To participate in the College Appraisal Scheme.
- To be responsible for ensuring that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Health and Safety Policy are adhered to and carried out.
- To maintain awareness of the requirements of the College Health and Safety Policy.
- To read and apply the College Safeguarding procedures and to ensure that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Safeguarding Policy are adhered to and carried out.
- To read the College Single Equality Scheme and to act
- To ensure adherence to the College Data Protection Policy.
- To work to the College quality standards and systems within the context of the College quality systems.
- To be involved with other members of the support staff in the student enrolment process. This may include out of normal working hours duties during the enrolment period.
- Such other duties as may be reasonably determined by the Director of Finance or Finance Manager.
Essential skills and characteristics
- Minimum 3 years in a similar role essential, preferably within FE
- Good supervisory skills
- Strong knowledge of procurement practices such as strategic sourcing, risk management, contract management, supplier performance management and supplier relationship management (SRM)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise effectively
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills, with good attention to detail and problem solving
- Computer literate in MS Office suite, particularly Excel and Word
Desirable skills and characteristics
- Ability to work under pressure
- Membership/Qualification of CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply)
- Ability to self-manage
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Tenure of post: Permanent, part time
Hours of work: 3 days a week (times negotiable) all year round
Salary: From £24,576 up to £26,859 per annum (pro rata for part time)
The Henley College is an Equal Opportunities Employer
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.