Professional Development Lecturer – Animal Management/Science
Part-time 0.8fte, Fixed term until July 2020
(with potential to increase to full-time)
Located in the heart of the Thames Valley, BCA is an independent, land-based and Further Education College situated in a historic 400 acre listed estate which boasts a range of habitats and modern teaching facilities to support curriculum delivery. We are proud to have been graded Good by Ofsted in 2017 and also retain a financial rating of Good.
Our Animal Management Centre has undergone considerable investment which has transformed it into one of the UK’s best college learning environments to include Exotic, Zoo, British Wildlife, Livestock and Companion Animal sections. The Animal Management Department is a thriving and dynamic working environment which, now, due to further growth and development, is seeking to appoint an additional Lecturer and Course Manager who can specialize in delivering industry placement and professional development modules.
- To provide a high quality learning experience that supports students with a diverse range of learning requirements to achieve success.
- To prepare, deliver and assess high quality learning in industry placement based modules (theory at L2 and L3) and monitor and report on student progression in practical based industry placement (both internally and externally)
- To undertake course management responsibilities to include tracking and monitoring of student progression.
The successful applicant will have relevant industry experience in the animal sector; will hold a subject appropriate degree (or equivalent) and a teaching qualification and be knowledgeable of the diverse range of careers that can be pursued in this sector. You will need to be adept and proficient at delivering lessons demonstrating high levels of current industry knowledge and inspiring our students to pursue their chosen careers. Excellent communication skills are essential along with a passion for teaching and learning and the ability to work in a vibrant, large and very busy department. You will need to be highly organised, with the ability to work closely with students, parents, external agencies and colleagues to ensure students are achieving to the very highest of standards.
For further details on this vacancy and an application pack, please contact the Human Resources Department or download an application form from FE Jobs.
Closing Date: Midnight on Sunday 23rd June 2019
Interview Date: Week commencing Monday 24th June 2019
Reasons to join us
• Generous annual leave entitlement & pension scheme
• A wide range of learning & career opportunities
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Tax-free childcare, cycle to work and local business employee corporate discount schemes
• Free on-site parking
• Various health & wellbeing benefits (including free use of the College gym)
Commitment to Safeguarding
BCA is committed to equal opportunities for all whilst safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students; all posts are subject to enhanced DBS checks.
BCA (Berkshire College of Agriculture) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.