Oldham College is a great career choice for ambitious professionals. With a “good” Ofsted rating, a Silver “TEF” assessment for our higher education provision, one of the best apprenticeship programmes in the region, excellent 16-18 results and truly outstanding GCSE English results, we are already a high performer.
Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work” and we have a clear Strategic Plan which sets out what this means and what we will do to deliver it. We will keep on improving and innovating, and we are investing in new provision, new facilities, and new technology. This includes a state-of-the-art Construction Centre due for completion in April 2021.
We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions and our own benefits package.
If you want to be outstanding, and want to help us achieve the same thing, then please apply.
We are looking for:
• Programme Tutor – Plumbing & Gas 1.0
• Up to £35,500 for exceptional candidates
Alun Francis, our Principal, says, “This is a very important appointment, Construction – including Plumbing & Gas are central to our plans for the future, and we are looking for high calibre candidates. Work has begun on our new construction centre so we can create the best learning environment for the people in and around Oldham. This is the next step in cementing our unique position as Oldham’s expert provider of specialist work-related education and training – and it’s integral to our plans to deliver higher skilled qualifications, including the new T Levels, that local employers and industry need. The Construction Centre will put our facilities on par with the best across the GM City Region and make Oldham College the best place to learn and study the construction jobs of the future.” “We want people who love their subject area, are committed to keeping up to date, but also want the professional challenge of developing outstanding pedagogical practice. We are investing in the facilities, employer relationships and the skills and knowledge of our staff. We are looking for people who will respond to this, love their learners and enjoy the challenges and benefits of working at Oldham College”.
Mike Morson Director of Construction and Motor Vehicle says ‘’ The Construction & Motor Vehicle Faculty seeks a Programme Tutor – Plumbing & Gas to support our journey to outstanding. You will be a key member of the Building Services team and will be able to motivate our plumbing learners to achieve their potential. The Faculty is an early adopter of the Building Services T levels and in September 2021 we have planned to recruit for the T Level pathways in Building Services Engineering (Plumbing & Heating) and Building Services Engineering (Electrotechnical Engineering ) .This exciting new course will provide students with the most up to date technical and professional skills required for direct entry into an apprenticeship or Further Education".
When you join our college, our colleagues have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
• Generous Pension Scheme
• Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
• Very generous holiday entitlement
• Employee Assistance Scheme
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
• Staff Development days/week
• Free confidential counselling service
• Staff recognition awards
• Subsidised car parking
• On-site Day Nursery
• On-site hair and beauty salon and The Grange Theatre both offering staff discounts
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to deliver high quality teaching and learning in the Plumbing & Gas area. Previous experience of teaching, training or assessing within an FE environment would be a distinct advantage, but if you have the relevant skills and experience in the field, then we are prepared to train you for the role. You will have a broad experience of the plumbing sector and up to date knowledge of the Construction Industry.
In this role, you will:
• Deliver innovative and stimulating teaching, learning and assessment to enable your students to achieve stretching learning
• Facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
• Design and deliver a flexible and relevant range of provision including theory, practical and blended learning sessions. • Be a great teacher and role model
• Nurture a culture of professional development that is integrated seamlessly in everyday practice. • Be bold, optimistic and tenacious in setting and achieving high standards.
• Drive Oldham Colleges vision and expectations to have a significant impact on students’ life chances
Further details including a Person Specification are included within the attached Job Description. The closing date is Sunday 3rd January 2021.
Oldham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.