We are looking for:
* Programme Tutor- Travel & Tourism permanent post
* Salary- £25,200 to £31,883 per annum
Course tutors teach approximately 24 hours per week, Tuesday-Friday, and manage learner attendance on all aspects of their programme of study including learner assessment, tacking of learner progress against milestones, setting smart targets, employer engagement and other aspects of personal development, behaviours and welfare.
You will have your own classroom to make a personalised learning environment with engaging learning materials.
Potential for post to be increased with secured curriculum growth.
You will need:
* Hold teaching qualifications and have the relevant industry experience working within the travel / aviation industry.
* Have experience delivering high quality teaching, learning and assessment practice to support all candidates working across:
* Levels 1-3 Travel & Tourism
* Cabin Crew and Aviation operations
* Be able to give detailed learner feedback to support individual learning.
* A commitment to developing a learner focused curriculum offer, centred around the knowledge, skills and behaviours necessary to secure employment within the travel industry.
* Competence in the use of IT to support college processes, learner administrative tasks and both face to face and on-line theory curriculum delivery is essential.
* Commitment to engage with Teaching for Distinction, our college approach to delivering excellence in Teaching & Learning.
* Commitment to develop employer links to support curriculum delivery and learner progression
* Commitment to personal CPD
* High compliance with the use of college systems, procedures and policies
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, our colleagues have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
* Generous Pension Scheme
* Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
* Very generous holiday entitlement
* Employee Assistance Scheme
* Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
* Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
* Free confidential counselling service
* Staff recognition awards
* Subsidised car parking
* On-site Day Nursery
* On-site hair and beauty salon and The Grange Theatre both offering staff discounts
Oldham College is a great career choice for ambitious professionals. With a "good” Ofsted rating, one of the best apprenticeship programmes in the region, excellent 16-18 results and truly outstanding GCSE English results, we are already a high performer.
But we want to deliver much more than this. Our ambition is to be "The Best Place to Learn and Work” and we have a clear Strategic Plan which sets out what this means and what we will do to deliver it. We will keep on improving and innovating, and we are investing in new provision, new facilities and new technology.
We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet.
If you want to be outstanding, and want to help us achieve the same thing, then please apply.
Further details including a Person Specification are included within the attached Job Description.
Oldham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.