Luton Sixth Form College is exceptionally aspirational for the young people it currently serves and we are deeply committed to extending our work in order to have an even greater impact on educational outcomes for our young people. Established in 1966 as the first sixth form college in the country, we have an impressive track record for quality and educational excellence.
Progress Coach (Full/Part Time, Term Time only for 37 weeks per year)
Hours of work to be agreed. To work around students’ needs for between 15 and 37 hours per week depending on availability, for 37 weeks per year, term-time only. Some evening work may occasionally be required. The college is open to students between 8.30am and 5.00pm. Flexible hours are available by agreement.
You will proactively support students to achieve the best that they can in their academic / vocational studies and to manage issues related to their personal development, behaviour or welfare that might be barriers to their progress or achievement. This will include:
• Supporting students in achieving their full academic potential via one to one target setting, action planning and close monitoring.
• Preparing students for their next steps whether that be progression within Further Education, to apprenticeship or applications for university or employment.
• Meeting with allocated groups of students in weekly timetabled sessions and deliver a comprehensive tutorial programme, which includes a focus on developing study skills such as time management, resilience and revision strategies.
We are looking for candidates who ideally are/have:
• Educated to at least level 3 (A level or equivalent). A qualification at level 4 or above would be desirable
• Maths and English qualifications to at least GCSE A*-C / 9-4 (or equivalent)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrable record of working successfully with coaching/mentoring people
• IT level 2 qualification or a demonstrable record of IT literacy
Sixth Form Colleges’ Support Staff Pay Spine Point 20 £18,000 This is the Full Time, Full Year annual salary. This will be pro rated according to hours worked per week and weeks worked per year)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing date for all completed applications: Monday 20th January 2020 at 12.00pm midday
Interviews planned for: Thursday 30th January 2020
Luton Sixth Form College is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service.