Progress Coach L2 (Nursery-Year 9 ALN) - Maternity Cover
30 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Grade 4 - £18,426 x 72.46% (under 5 years' service)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning at Ysgol Nantgwyn in Tonypandy. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities.
- Working with a wide range of class teachers to deliver excellent teaching and learning.
- Coaching children on a 1:1 or group basis.
- Previous experience with working with pupils with Visual Impairment an advantage.
- Accompanying groups on trips.
- Supporting assessment and evidencing learning
- Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
- Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
- Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Term-time hours
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Pension Scheme.
- Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers and retail discounts.
- Access to gym and free access to employee assistance programme.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
- previous childcare experience.
- a proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- a high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- the ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- a can-do attitude.
- a commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service check and will have to register with the EWC.
Please note that as this is maternity cover, a start date is estimated as March 2019 but an end date cannot be provided so flexibility will be required.
Ysgol Nantgwyn is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.