Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education, and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are.
Our Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) International Study Centre is looking for a Progression and Welfare Officer to ensure each student has access to relevant, timely and accurate student welfare information, advice and guidance. Working with the academic and professional services teams to create and sustain a high level of attendance and study engagement at the International Study Centre (ISC). Implementing strategies for engagement and supporting cohorts of students who are identified as at risk of not achieving the relevant progression requirements for their chosen undergraduate/postgraduate programme at LJMU.
Our team are dynamic, dedicated and passionate about giving our students an unforgettable experience during their studies in the UK. We will give you the support and training that you need to succeed, and offer excellent career opportunities.
LJMU International Study Centre is based in the heart of the campus of the university, close to the centre of Liverpool with great transport links.
• Monitor student attendance and follow the attendance protocols for both Study Group and Home Office/UKVI
• Work with caseloads of students who have poor attendance and to agree and implement actions, monitoring arrangements and put strategies in place to improve their engagement in conjunction with ISC management
• In conjunction with the Head of Professional Services, provide updates to Centre Management team and agree follow up actions in relation to ‘at risk’ students
• Deal promptly and professionally with student enquiries and requests for day-to-day support
• Provide pastoral care and coach students with welfare and health issues, advising accordingly and maintaining accurate student records, in accordance with Data Protection legislation
• Develop and deliver sessions to students on a range of themes to support good attendance and engagement
• Hold proactive discussions with ISC Academic Teams in relation to student welfare issues
• Support University disciplinary hearings as the ISC representative when necessary
• In conjunction with the Head of Professional Services, assist with the work of the Student Staff Liaison Committee.
• Support the ISC Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) when needed
• Act as the main point of contact and liaison for the College Guardians and for all under 18 students
• Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students studying at the ISC and with whom you come into contact.
• In conjunction with the Head of Professional Services, support the development and maintenance of Risk Assessments with responsibility for recording and referring all issues relating to First Aid and Health & Safety within the ISC.
• Provide general admin support for the Centre as required and cover duties for other members of admin staff when absent and during peak periods
• Oversee and implement a calendar of social activities, national holidays/festivals and fundraising events throughout the year
• Lead and/or participate in student/agent tours
• Minimum of Level 3 Qualification (Essential)
• Hold or willingness to undertake First Aid Training and Safeguarding Training
• Experience providing welfare support and pastoral care to students
• Working knowledge within an educational environment
• Up to date knowledge of Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy & Procedures
• Organisational Skills; working systematically and with strong time management skills
• Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office) including the ability to create and use spreadsheets at a highly proficient level
• Competitive salary
• 25 days holiday
• Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group - Liverpool John Moore's University is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.