Cam Woodfield Junior School are seeking to appoint an exceptional, committed individual who can provide support to both pupils and parent/carers.
We would like to appoint a team player, who will support the aims and core values of the school
The ideal candidate would be:
• Able to work purposefully and collaboratively with children, young people and families
• Support individual pupils in achieving specific and carefully planned targets
• Supports our Designated Safeguarding Lead by becoming a Deputy DSL who will attend social care meetings, make observations regarding vulnerable pupils, planning support, leading targeted interventions and supporting with admin as required.
• Liaise effectively with parents and external agencies to ensure that provision is well matched to the individual needs of pupils
• Commit to their own professional development and engage with a wide range of professional development opportunities
• Well organised and able to work co-operatively with other professionals, including schools, Children's Services teams, external professionals and voluntary sector organisations.
• Able to chair meetings effectively and follow up on agreed actions in a timely manner
• Experienced in successfully reaching families and communities that are less likely to access services.
• Experienced in providing advice, information and guidance to all families within our school community
• Passionate about improving learning opportunities for all children within a creative curriculum
• Able to form positive relationships and foster the characteristics of effective learning
• Committed to valuing and supporting the development of each child
• Flexible, enthusiastic and energetic, with a strong commitment to teamwork
We can offer:
• Highly supportive parents/carers and governors
• A school that the local community is proud of
• Good opportunities for individual growth and development
• A reflective and forward-thinking environment
The post is for 17 hours a week, term-time permanent contract.
Proposed hours would be Monday 10:45 – 15:45, Tuesday-Friday 12:45-15:45. However, flexibility in this would be considered for the right candidate.
We would like the successful candidate to start as soon as possible, depending on their existing commitments.
Visits are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school office to arrange an appointment.
Completed applications should be returned to the school by Monday 22nd October 2021 at noon
Interview date Tuesday 2nd November 2021
Cam Woodfield Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.