Are you a qualified teacher who specialises in ICT? Wanting to apply your expertise in a new setting? Jigsaw School has an exciting opportunity for a qualified teacher with experience of teaching the UK National Curriculum and a subject specialism in Computing and ICT, to teach autistic children and young adults.
Salary: £26,948 – £38,174 per annum plus regular salary progression upon completion of training
Hours: 34.75 hours per week – Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 4.30pm (Tuesday’s till 5.30pm). Part time will also be considered.
Annual Leave: 44 days paid holiday plus banks holidays
You will support autistic pupils using behaviourally based instruction and positive reinforcement techniques to accelerate learning. Working within small classes both 1 to 1 and in groups, you will use individual learning plans to meet each pupil’s individual needs and help them achieve their full potential. You will oversee the development, planning and assessment of the Computing & ICT curriculum across the school. Jigsaw will provide comprehensive practical and theoretical training, alongside a clear career pathway in SEN teaching, within a friendly and supportive environment.
How will you make a difference?
- Support pupils participation in social, leisure and educational activities
- Manage pupils’ curriculum targets and delivery of vocational qualifications
- Plan school-wide curriculum such as topic, PE, Food Technology and organise themed days and events such as history week, cultures and languages week, healthy eating week and safer internet day
- Encourage and enable learning and development in all aspects of daily life
- Facilitate and support pupils’ decision making and promote choice
- Collect, record and analyse data to monitor progress and improve learning programmes
What we can offer you
- Opportunity to work with pupils both 1:1 and within groups, in small class sizes
- Chance to work alongside an in-house team of Occupational and Speech & Language Therapists, allowing a multidiscipline approach
- Enrolment into our pension scheme
- Behaviour specific qualifications including Teaching Ranks, Registered Behaviour Technician (RBT), Board Certified Behaviour Analysis certification (BCBA) and Masters in Behaviour Analysis
What do you need?
- Teaching qualifications (QTS/QTLS)
- Mainstream teaching experience within the UK school system and an understanding of the National Curriculum for England
- Experience in teaching and assessing children and/or young adults with SEND who are working below National Curriculum expectations
Are you interested? Please click apply to be taken to our website where you can download an application form to apply.
Jigsaw is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. All positions will require an enhanced DBS check (the cost of which will be paid by Jigsaw), teaching prohibited checks (if applicable), ID check, satisfactory references and proof of qualifications.