Qualified Teacher (QTS)
Sunfield Children’s Home & School
Competitive Salary for Outstanding Teachers + SEN Allowance
Sunfield School and Children’s Home, part of the Ruskin Mill Trust Group, is a thriving independent special school and children’s home, set within 58 acres of idyllic parkland and nestled on the slopes of the Clent Hills. Sunfield provides innovative and experiential education, developed out of the inspiration of Rudolf Steiner, William Morris and John Ruskin and supports young people (6 – 19 years) with complex learning needs, including Autistic Spectrum Conditions and PDA. On-site resources include a state-of-the-art sensory integration suite and family accommodation, along with resident carers, teachers, psychologists, therapists and healthcare professionals.
Due to expansion and more students, we are now looking to appoint a qualified and creative practitioner to deliver high standards of learning and achievement to our students. The successful candidate will work closely with children and young people with complex needs; utilising the classroom, sensory suite, on-site farm and parkland to help them to succeed and flourish.
Prospective candidates must hold appropriate professional qualifications. Candidates must be able to demonstrate substantial experience of working with students with SEND and complex behavioural needs.
Although challenging, working at Sunfield is incredibly rewarding and in return we offer competitive salaries and a Teacher pension scheme. In addition staff receive;
• A comprehensive, interactive induction and extensive training and development plan including a Steiner Teacher Course.
• A comprehensive induction and extensive training and development plan which includes (but not limited to) safeguarding, CALM training, Prevent, autism, epilepsy, medication, MCA, DoLs, equality & diversity and People policy training
• 33 - 38 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increased based on length of service
• Free car parking facilities on site and free lunches.
• Discounted health care cash plan with BHSF
• Free employee assistance programme (EAP) with access to 24-hour counselling services for personal and work related subjects and website
Closing date 17th July 2020.
Alternatively please complete an application form (sorry no CVs) Previous applicants need not apply. If we receive a high number of applications for this post, Sunfield reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the closing date of 17th July 2020
This post is subject to satisfactory references, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for both Adults and Children, medical check, evidence of qualifications, plus verification of the right to work in the UK.
Sunfield Children’s Home is a registered charity (No. 527522) and an equal opportunities employer. Sunfield is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Sunfield School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.