We are looking for a qualified teacher for this specific role which is tied up to the catch up funding
the school has received. This is a temporary role which will for 14 weeks initially, with a possibility of extending further. We are seeking an inspirational teacher who can address gaps in reading for identified pupils:
● Work with SLT to review/ evaluate pupils’ needs, e.g. pupils who did not engage with school/
remote learning during lockdown.
● Hold meaningful pupil conferences to establish engagement and liaise with the class
teacher, Phase Leader, the school’s Counsellor and Family Support Worker
● Use 1:1 or small group tuition for catch up reading skills/ basic numeracy and literacy skills
for identified pupils
● Be flexible in approach to teaching & learning whilst adhering to the school’s covid-19 secure
● Work with all ability groups at the level prescribed after assessment
We would like someone who is:
● An excellent classroom practitioner with a creative approach, who will support school
improvement and the needs of pupils within the Catch up funding strategy.
● Committed to achieving the best outcomes for all pupils.
● An experienced teacher with high expectations of all pupils.
● A hard worker whose planning and feedback is thorough.
● An excellent communicator and team player.
Becoming part of the team at Park Hill Junior School you have the advantage of joining
a pioneering group of schools where your career can progress and you will benefit from professional development opportunities within Folio Education . This is local collaboration of schools offering access to high calibre CPD which contributes to the recognised quality of learning within our schools.
We can offer you:
● An ambitious, successful and vibrant place to work.
● Children who are bright, confident and eager to learn.
● A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviour and high expectations for all children.
● Based in the heart of Croydon with excellent public transport links
Park Hill Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Please note this post is subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service check (DBS).
The school is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Any offer of employment will also be subject to satisfactory references being received in addition to documentation and qualifications being checked.